Paper Mario

poirot84

I'm having trouble playing Paper Mario with Project64 1.6 on my laptop. Once I press the start button, I get an error message and Project64 1.6 turns off. I already tried three different roms of Paper Mario and all do the same thing. Does anyone know where I can get a working Paper Mario rom?​

poirot84

Ok, I figured out now that it might have something to do with the Direct64 v0.5.03.25. I want to use Direct64 v0.5.03.25 because it has the best graphics. However, like I said before, it always shut down Project 64 1.6 before I can start the game. Does anyone know which Video (graphics) plugin would be the best to use?​

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
Clements-NGEMU.com said:
Depends on your video card primarily, and which game you are playing.

- Glide64 probably supports the most games with fewer graphical glitches right now. It supports motion blur, hardware framebuffer, and dithered alpha among others.

- Jabo's D3D8 1.6 works well with most of the popular games and has slightly lower requirements.

- Rice's Video/Glide64 can use Hi-resolution texture replacements. Rice's Video is required to play a handful of games properly and at a playable frame rate.

- Direct64 supports hardware framebuffer, dithered alpha and overscan simulation, and works well with the games it can support if you have a good enough video card.

- glN64() works very well with certain video cards that aren't so good with the other plugins that require pixel shaders.

- Jabo's D3D6 1.5.2 works well with old video cards and integrated graphics.

poirot84

Ok Auzern, I did what you said and I got it in the plugins folder. The only problem is it works for correctly but once it gets to a certain scene, it freezes. Do you know how to fix this?

And by the way, do you know how to use the Glide64 like which folder I use?​

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
If it freezes; do this:
Click on File > Choose Rom directory. And select the directory where you Paper Mario roms are placed.
Click on File > Refresh Rom list.
Now tell us the Status, Notes(Core) and Notes(default Plugins).

If you would like to use Glide64, place the *.dll file in the Plugins folder in the Project 64 directory.
And then open up your emulator; click on Options > Settings and then choose your Video plugin. And then try running the game.

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
You have downloaded the Glide64 plugin, yes?
Extract the files and then you will find the *.dll file. And then copy that and paste it in the Plugins folder in the Project 64 directory.

poirot84

I placed the Glide64.dll in the plugins for Project64 1.6. Now when I try to set it up, I get this message:

Project64.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failed to start because glide3x.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

What should I do now?​