Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24 Inch FULLHD LCD TV

Killer of all evil leon_belmont's Avatar

Default 24 Inch FULLHD LCD TV

Hi all

I plan buying a small 24 inch FULLHD tv for my bedroom, so i am asking your opinion cause ,once i bought my 32 inch PANASONIC HD READY without asking anyone ,i dont regret it ,but i ve been rubbed. Anyway after i reading a lot in the net , there were only a few brands avaiable ,and in my country only one of them which is the SAMSUNG T240 HD, which is priced 410USD. Is it worth this price for this TV ?(i've read all the technical information and its really good)
    LA ILAHE IL ALLAH

What was I thinking, i can watch BLU RAY with my PS3, and the game prices has dropped significantly,so i am happy again with my PS3!

Default Re: 24 Inch FULLHD LCD TV

It looks like a really good TV.. My brother has a 30-something inch Samsung he uses as a computer monitor when he plays Rappelz.

Newegg sells this TV for $299 right now, but it looks like the current retail is $399 so if you can get from Newegg or find someone who can cut you a deal below $400, even $350 - $375 would be a good price.

Hi Leon,
    I have Panasonic Full HD TV in my house. The TV is great compared to the previous HD TV's that I owned. Panasonic HD TV's are at the top. Better than Sony and LG.
    But the only problem is, that it comsumes a lot of electricity. Around 317 Watts.

Quote Originally Posted by Auzern View Post
    Hi Leon,
    I have Panasonic Full HD TV in my house. The TV is great compared to the previous HD TV's that I owned. Panasonic HD TV's are at the top. Better than Sony and LG.
    But the only problem is, that it comsumes a lot of electricity. Around 317 Watts.
    How are Panasonic Tvs any better than a Sony or LG?

I have a 32" Sony Bravia That has an awesome picture and looks better on-screen than the Panasonic that I looked at in store.

In other words Leon, For the price range discussed, you cant go wrong with the Panasonic for sure, but Sony and LG ARE also great Tvs, Its pretty much all about brand name from my experiences

Its hard to compare LCD TV's with other brands. Every viewer has their own opinion and believe it or not its your eyes that also matters.
    I have about 12 LCD TV's in my house. 7 are of Panasonic (FULL HD) and 2 are of Sony (FULL HD again) and I have 1 LG and 2 Prima LCD TV's.
    Now if I had to write a review on what is actually the best;
    I would say Panasonic for a number of reasons according to my eyes(again).
    Many of my friends come to my house; some say they like watching on the Sony but most of them say the picture quality of Panasonic is much better.
    So, I had generally said that Panasonic would be the best choice for you.
    Its not much about the brand name. Bravia is over-priced but they consume less electricity than the Panasonic.
    I have a PRIMA LCD Television which also performs very good. Its as good as the LG TV that I have in my house. Again, this is according to my eyes.

Leon, what I suggest is; Go to the television store and make sure you are viewing all the different television sets at the same time and the same video being played so that you actually compare what is the best according to your eyes.(<--This is what matters the most).

P.S. Do not consider as if I am not making any sense by saying the word "eyes" over and over again. Everyone has their own views and I do not mean to argue on that. I just wanted to say what I really feel the best.
    Last edited by Auzern; June 6th, 2009 at 16:40.

Also make sure the store is feeding them good signals too.. If the signal is crap their pictures will all look like crap..

But comparing different screens is very important.. Some are more crisp, while others are more smooth.. I also tend to like the look of TV's that have that "glass screen" look, like an old CRT tube, as opposed to ones where the screen looks like more of a bare panel with its own texture and grid pattern to the surface

You want to find a TV that is a good mix of crisp and smooth, while not being so sharp that you see a lot of jagged edges, and not so smooth that it looks blury.

Guys i bought a 26 inch HD READY TV SONY which was better than SAMSUNG FULL HD 26 inch ,when i compared the screens at SKY CINEMA HD. THe Samsung although in HDMI the screen quality was awful,and SONY was the best. Anyway now i have another problem which is ,i cannot connect my PC to it.
    Is there any HUB USB so i can put USB to my port of PC and a female 15 HDD PIN to my TV? If so ,please help with a screen or link to the screen of the product.

I did my choice by watching the SKY CINEMA HD ,simultaneosly in all TVS of 26 at Euronics.

My TV is SONY BRAVIA 26B4030 and the manual is absolutely useless for this problem.

Thanks in advance.

P.S I am trying to connect via a VGA cable ,but i think my backport of my PC is broken.
    Last edited by leon_belmont; June 6th, 2009 at 23:33.
    LA ILAHE IL ALLAH

What was I thinking, i can watch BLU RAY with my PS3, and the game prices has dropped significantly,so i am happy again with my PS3!

Congrats on the purchase!
    The VGA output of your PC is broken you mean? Doesn't the Sony Bravia have a VGA or DVI input?

Most TV's should have either a VGA, DVI, or HDMI port to allow you to hookup your PC.

HDMI is the way to go really, or at least DVI.. VGA is gonna look like crap most likely. I've never heard of plugging your PC into a TV with USB either.

If by chance (I doubt it) your TV has R/G/B inputs (RCA plugs for high-def input) you can also do that, if your graphics card came with such an accessory to allow output over those cables..

Also you may have to turn on the VGA port in your graphics card control panel's monitor setup.
    Last edited by Zach; June 7th, 2009 at 15:21.

Of course it has VGA, DVI,HDMI,COMPONENT

But my PC doesnt have DVI,nor HDMI to hook it up.Sorry my ignorance ,but i really dont have a clue of how to do that. I really need a step by step guide.

P.S i seen a lot of videoguides ,unfortunately unhelpfuls.

My VGA is not broken ,it has two rows of pins,and the universal VGA cable ,i bought it has three rows,so its uncompatible,although it says universal.
    Last edited by leon_belmont; June 7th, 2009 at 23:11.
    LA ILAHE IL ALLAH

Thread Information