Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 24 Inch FULLHD LCD TV

Default Re: 24 Inch FULLHD LCD TV

VGA with two rows of pins? You sure you havent mixed your VGA up with your RS-232?
    Last edited by TchuBacha; June 8th, 2009 at 17:29. Reason: spelling mized for mixed

Ok.. VGA is Dsub 15-pin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector

if one of the ports does not match that.. you don't not have VGA somewhere..
    If both ports match that, but your cable doesn't - you were sold the wrong cable.

Also, THIS is DVI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface
    Last edited by Zach; June 8th, 2009 at 16:06.

Now that we're talking about LCD TVs, I own one of those from LG. The problem is, it's resolution. It's HD Ready, but not full HD, meaning it can display up to 1280x720 or something. When I connect it to my PC it shows as 1366x720 o.O' and that's not a standard (some games won't reconginze it).

That may be an issue with your graphics card.. Most games will display a list of resolutions that the GPU returns to them as capable. Also make sure the TV is configued properly in the secondary display options in your GPU control panel.. I know there is a mode in some cases, for HDTV's in particular.

I think my brother plays Rappelz in a resolution that size.. or maybe it was 13something x 768, I'm not sure.

720p is still an HD mode, so I don't know what "Full HD" really means... sounds like a buzz word to sell more expensive 1080p TV's

Try setting a custom resolution up in your graphics control panel (at least I know nvidia can do this) to define the resolution and refresh rate.. or one closer to it that might not be listed.. Is 1366x720 what your TV natively selects when first hooked up to your PC?
    Last edited by Zach; June 8th, 2009 at 23:01.

Killer of all evil leon_belmont's Avatar

Full HD is a 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 resolution, so the color looks better(At least thats what i know).

The VGA is exactly like the figure you showed me Zach ,but still doesnt work!
    As for the DVI ,no my PC dont have it.

Anyway Zach,thanks ,but i am thinking my last resource which will be buying a AMD PHENOM X4 QUADCORE DESKTOP at the end of the month,if none works for me,thank you guys.

PS. What if I buy a Video card with DVI output and connect my TV via DVI to HDMI cable ? Is this possible?
    Last edited by leon_belmont; June 9th, 2009 at 11:35.
    LA ILAHE IL ALLAH

What was I thinking, i can watch BLU RAY with my PS3, and the game prices has dropped significantly,so i am happy again with my PS3!

Yes, I believe my brother did this at one point.

Make sure the card you buy, doesn't have massive power requirements if you are not prepared to also purchase a new power supply..

If you just wanna run emulators, browse the web, do e-mail, etc on the TV, then you shouldn't need a super powerful card. As long as you don't want to play newer PC games.
    Last edited by Zach; June 9th, 2009 at 15:47.

No i just want it to do simple things ,like browsing,watching movies,typing documents and sheets so i will buy the cheaper one at 35 USD. Thanks.

As for the games ,although a little expensive i have my beast (PS3) lol.
    Last edited by leon_belmont; June 9th, 2009 at 23:36.
    LA ILAHE IL ALLAH

What was I thinking, i can watch BLU RAY with my PS3, and the game prices has dropped significantly,so i am happy again with my PS3!

Cool.. as long as it says it doesn't require a 6-pin PCI-Express power plug, you should be fine.

Also you mentioned your TV has DVI? so just buy a card with DVI out (or maybe you can find one with HDMI out at that price) and you won't need an adapter.. you'd still need to hook up your sound separately in either case as far as I know.. which can be done easily with an RCA - > headphone jack adapter cable, they are sold everywhere these days.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121259

Dunno if you can buy from Newegg, but you can look up the card at websites that will ship to you, or at a local store.

This card has both DVI and HDMI output, which would be perfect for hooking up to your TV.. again you probably won't get sound over the HDMI, unless you got some kind of special cable or adapter (if they even make one) to combine the HDMI and Soundcard output.. So you either need speakers on the computer, or to hook your computer up to a home theater input, if you have one.. or just use a 1/8" minijack to RCA cable, and plug it into the TV's Left/Right RCA inputs if it has them.

Maybe the TV even comes with a 1/8" input? (like some LCD's do for their speakers) That would work too
    Last edited by Zach; June 10th, 2009 at 21:11.

Thanks for the suggestion,i will buy that card at my local computer small store.
    LA ILAHE IL ALLAH

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    That may be an issue with your graphics card.. Most games will display a list of resolutions that the GPU returns to them as capable. Also make sure the TV is configued properly in the secondary display options in your GPU control panel.. I know there is a mode in some cases, for HDTV's in particular.

I think my brother plays Rappelz in a resolution that size.. or maybe it was 13something x 768, I'm not sure.

720p is still an HD mode, so I don't know what "Full HD" really means... sounds like a buzz word to sell more expensive 1080p TV's

Try setting a custom resolution up in your graphics control panel (at least I know nvidia can do this) to define the resolution and refresh rate.. or one closer to it that might not be listed.. Is 1366x720 what your TV natively selects when first hooked up to your PC?
    Yes, I did set a custom resolution and managed to get 1366x768, but on the TV's display it shows 1024x768

I think 1280x720 will do.

Thread Information