24 Inch FULLHD LCD TV

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Hi all

I plan buying a small 24 inch FULLHD tv for my bedroom, so i am asking your opinion cause ,once i bought my 32 inch PANASONIC HD READY without asking anyone ,i dont regret it ,but i ve been rubbed. Anyway after i reading a lot in the net , there were only a few brands avaiable ,and in my country only one of them which is the SAMSUNG T240 HD, which is priced 410USD. Is it worth this price for this TV ?(i've read all the technical information and its really good)

Zach

It looks like a really good TV.. My brother has a 30-something inch Samsung he uses as a computer monitor when he plays Rappelz.

Newegg sells this TV for $299 right now, but it looks like the current retail is $399 so if you can get from Newegg or find someone who can cut you a deal below $400, even $350 - $375 would be a good price.

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
Hi Leon,
I have Panasonic Full HD TV in my house. The TV is great compared to the previous HD TV's that I owned. Panasonic HD TV's are at the top. Better than Sony and LG.
But the only problem is, that it comsumes a lot of electricity. Around 317 Watts.

seether9111

ummmm i forget
Hi Leon,
I have Panasonic Full HD TV in my house. The TV is great compared to the previous HD TV's that I owned. Panasonic HD TV's are at the top. Better than Sony and LG.
But the only problem is, that it comsumes a lot of electricity. Around 317 Watts.

How are Panasonic Tvs any better than a Sony or LG?

I have a 32" Sony Bravia That has an awesome picture and looks better on-screen than the Panasonic that I looked at in store.

In other words Leon, For the price range discussed, you cant go wrong with the Panasonic for sure, but Sony and LG ARE also great Tvs, Its pretty much all about brand name from my experiences

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
Its hard to compare LCD TV's with other brands. Every viewer has their own opinion and believe it or not its your eyes that also matters.
I have about 12 LCD TV's in my house. 7 are of Panasonic (FULL HD) and 2 are of Sony (FULL HD again) and I have 1 LG and 2 Prima LCD TV's.
Now if I had to write a review on what is actually the best;
I would say Panasonic for a number of reasons according to my eyes(again).
Many of my friends come to my house; some say they like watching on the Sony but most of them say the picture quality of Panasonic is much better.
So, I had generally said that Panasonic would be the best choice for you.
Its not much about the brand name. Bravia is over-priced but they consume less electricity than the Panasonic.
I have a PRIMA LCD Television which also performs very good. Its as good as the LG TV that I have in my house. Again, this is according to my eyes.

Leon, what I suggest is; Go to the television store and make sure you are viewing all the different television sets at the same time and the same video being played so that you actually compare what is the best according to your eyes.(<--This is what matters the most).

P.S. Do not consider as if I am not making any sense by saying the word "eyes" over and over again. Everyone has their own views and I do not mean to argue on that. I just wanted to say what I really feel the best.

Last edited:

Zach

Also make sure the store is feeding them good signals too.. If the signal is crap their pictures will all look like crap..

But comparing different screens is very important.. Some are more crisp, while others are more smooth.. I also tend to like the look of TV's that have that "glass screen" look, like an old CRT tube, as opposed to ones where the screen looks like more of a bare panel with its own texture and grid pattern to the surface

You want to find a TV that is a good mix of crisp and smooth, while not being so sharp that you see a lot of jagged edges, and not so smooth that it looks blury.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Guys i bought a 26 inch HD READY TV SONY which was better than SAMSUNG FULL HD 26 inch ,when i compared the screens at SKY CINEMA HD. THe Samsung although in HDMI the screen quality was awful,and SONY was the best. Anyway now i have another problem which is ,i cannot connect my PC to it.
Is there any HUB USB so i can put USB to my port of PC and a female 15 HDD PIN to my TV? If so ,please help with a screen or link to the screen of the product.

I did my choice by watching the SKY CINEMA HD ,simultaneosly in all TVS of 26 at Euronics.

My TV is SONY BRAVIA 26B4030 and the manual is absolutely useless for this problem.

Thanks in advance.

P.S I am trying to connect via a VGA cable ,but i think my backport of my PC is broken.

Last edited:

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
Congrats on the purchase!
The VGA output of your PC is broken you mean? Doesn't the Sony Bravia have a VGA or DVI input?

Zach

Most TV's should have either a VGA, DVI, or HDMI port to allow you to hookup your PC.

HDMI is the way to go really, or at least DVI.. VGA is gonna look like crap most likely. I've never heard of plugging your PC into a TV with USB either.

If by chance (I doubt it) your TV has R/G/B inputs (RCA plugs for high-def input) you can also do that, if your graphics card came with such an accessory to allow output over those cables..

Also you may have to turn on the VGA port in your graphics card control panel's monitor setup.

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Of course it has VGA, DVI,HDMI,COMPONENT

But my PC doesnt have DVI,nor HDMI to hook it up.Sorry my ignorance ,but i really dont have a clue of how to do that. I really need a step by step guide.

P.S i seen a lot of videoguides ,unfortunately unhelpfuls.

My VGA is not broken ,it has two rows of pins,and the universal VGA cable ,i bought it has three rows,so its uncompatible,although it says universal.

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
VGA with two rows of pins? You sure you havent mixed your VGA up with your RS-232?

Last edited:

Jale

Now that we're talking about LCD TVs, I own one of those from LG. The problem is, it's resolution. It's HD Ready, but not full HD, meaning it can display up to 1280x720 or something. When I connect it to my PC it shows as 1366x720 o_O' and that's not a standard (some games won't reconginze it).

Zach

That may be an issue with your graphics card.. Most games will display a list of resolutions that the GPU returns to them as capable. Also make sure the TV is configued properly in the secondary display options in your GPU control panel.. I know there is a mode in some cases, for HDTV's in particular.

I think my brother plays Rappelz in a resolution that size.. or maybe it was 13something x 768, I'm not sure.

720p is still an HD mode, so I don't know what "Full HD" really means... sounds like a buzz word to sell more expensive 1080p TV's

Try setting a custom resolution up in your graphics control panel (at least I know nvidia can do this) to define the resolution and refresh rate.. or one closer to it that might not be listed.. Is 1366x720 what your TV natively selects when first hooked up to your PC?

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Full HD is a 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 resolution, so the color looks better(At least thats what i know).

The VGA is exactly like the figure you showed me Zach ,but still doesnt work!
As for the DVI ,no my PC dont have it.

Anyway Zach,thanks ,but i am thinking my last resource which will be buying a AMD PHENOM X4 QUADCORE DESKTOP at the end of the month,if none works for me,thank you guys.

PS. What if I buy a Video card with DVI output and connect my TV via DVI to HDMI cable ? Is this possible?

Last edited:

Zach

Yes, I believe my brother did this at one point.

Make sure the card you buy, doesn't have massive power requirements if you are not prepared to also purchase a new power supply..

If you just wanna run emulators, browse the web, do e-mail, etc on the TV, then you shouldn't need a super powerful card. As long as you don't want to play newer PC games.

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
No i just want it to do simple things ,like browsing,watching movies,typing documents and sheets so i will buy the cheaper one at 35 USD. Thanks.

As for the games ,although a little expensive i have my beast (PS3) lol.

Last edited:

Zach

Cool.. as long as it says it doesn't require a 6-pin PCI-Express power plug, you should be fine.

Also you mentioned your TV has DVI? so just buy a card with DVI out (or maybe you can find one with HDMI out at that price) and you won't need an adapter.. you'd still need to hook up your sound separately in either case as far as I know.. which can be done easily with an RCA - > headphone jack adapter cable, they are sold everywhere these days.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121259

Dunno if you can buy from Newegg, but you can look up the card at websites that will ship to you, or at a local store.

This card has both DVI and HDMI output, which would be perfect for hooking up to your TV.. again you probably won't get sound over the HDMI, unless you got some kind of special cable or adapter (if they even make one) to combine the HDMI and Soundcard output.. So you either need speakers on the computer, or to hook your computer up to a home theater input, if you have one.. or just use a 1/8" minijack to RCA cable, and plug it into the TV's Left/Right RCA inputs if it has them.

Maybe the TV even comes with a 1/8" input? (like some LCD's do for their speakers) That would work too

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Thanks for the suggestion,i will buy that card at my local computer small store.

Jale

That may be an issue with your graphics card.. Most games will display a list of resolutions that the GPU returns to them as capable. Also make sure the TV is configued properly in the secondary display options in your GPU control panel.. I know there is a mode in some cases, for HDTV's in particular.

I think my brother plays Rappelz in a resolution that size.. or maybe it was 13something x 768, I'm not sure.

720p is still an HD mode, so I don't know what "Full HD" really means... sounds like a buzz word to sell more expensive 1080p TV's

Try setting a custom resolution up in your graphics control panel (at least I know nvidia can do this) to define the resolution and refresh rate.. or one closer to it that might not be listed.. Is 1366x720 what your TV natively selects when first hooked up to your PC?
Yes, I did set a custom resolution and managed to get 1366x768, but on the TV's display it shows 1024x768 :glare:

I think 1280x720 will do.