No emulators for Xbox 360 or PS3?

dlister70

I have an urge to play Mike Tyson's Punch Out lately, and I figured it'd be no problem finding an emulator to play on one of my systems. I have an Xbox 360 and a Playstation 3 and thought there would surely be something out there for those systems by now. The only alternatives I can find are installing Linux on my PS3 or installing XP Media Center Edition 2005 on my computer and streaming the games to my Xbox 360.

I used to run an emulator on the Dreamcast and it was not 1/10th as powerful as either of these systems. They have emulators for the Nintendo DS for pete sake! Why no simple alternatives for the current generation of consoles?

I guess I'll have to dig out the old Nintendo gear from the box in the shed and play it just as I did 20 years ago. I was hoping to not have to hook up yet another system to the TV! :)

mudlord

Because:

* It would take a massive amount of CPU power. We don't have that type of power yet in common PCs.
* IIRC the systems are protected against RE.
* They are not documented. Only documents are from the SDK, and they are always under NDA.