Playing older DOS games

JoshM22

Alright so i want to play the overhead game Z. If anyone remembers this game please let me know. The game is 16 bit and plays in DOS. I click on the game prompt file and it tries to load. I then get an error message saying "Please check your PIF file. What does this mean?

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
Alright so i want to play the overhead game Z. If anyone remembers this game please let me know. The game is 16 bit and plays in DOS. I click on the game prompt file and it tries to load. I then get an error message saying "Please check your PIF file. What does this mean?

Yes, download DosBOX; I use it for emulating DOS games.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Right click the game.exe, select properties, then compatibility and select the windows 95/98 option. If it won't install properly, then when you insert the game CD, browse it, look for the setup.exe and do the same thing with that , then double click to install it.

Z Steel Soldiers was a 98/ME game not a DOS game.

Last edited:

fantsu

Recently found an old WIN3.1 game, Burn:Cycle that was awesome game. Sadly WinXPPro can't run that game under any circumstance. My friend tried it under DosBox that had Win3.1 installed inside, but it didn't work, later he found out that someone got it work by using VitualPC2007 and side install of Win98SE, but that guy had Vista, and I really don't have enough disc space or resourses to run it under Vista.

That is why I thought installing Win98SE under VPC2007 and give it try, unless someone has better idea...
:glare:

JoshM22

Thank you for the advice!Much appreciated!