No music Playin Sega CD-games

brownleaf

Hi fellas!
I'm what you can call a newbie, so let me excuse myself in advance :happy:

Anyways, I'm trying to get my Sega CD-games to work, and after downloading bios for that matter, I'm still having some troubles.
Mainly, the music doesn't play. I'm using Fusion 3.6 for the emulation, and my rom-packs contains of folders. Each folder has a iso file, which I use to start my games. In each specific folder there also a number of mp3's, I guess my problem lies there. How do I get them to play along with the game?

I really don't know what to do here, as I said I'm new with this and if someone could help me I'd be more than grateful.

brownleaf

Do you keep your music and data files in the same folder. That would be the culprit if not.

Yeah, I do.
screen.jpg

Last edited:

the_EMU_kid

FatTrucker: Use the Sega Cue Maker to create a .cue file for your ISO. All the music should work now.
Download and unzip the cue maker.

Launch the program, browse to the folder with your ISO and music files in it, hit the 'Generate Cue' button, then select 'Save Cue', give the cue the same name as the ISO.

Now when you launch a CD game from fusion, instead of selecting the ISO, select the cue file.

Thats it really.
use this, and from now on pls first try to use the search because many answers had been already resolved, OK? ;)

Last edited:

brownleaf

use this, and from now on pls first try to use the search because many answers had been already resolved, OK? ;)

Thanks, but I get an error Message when I try to start the program;

Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registred: a file is missing or invalid

Scratch that. Found an answer on another forum (thanks google)

Everything works fine now! Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

ropeadope

bumperooski

For the life of me I can't get any music in any sega CD games to play. I've tried everything mentioned here, and I've searched around and googled everywhere and nothing has helped. Music just won't play. Tried different emulators as well (which is recommended for Sega CD, btw?). So I don't know what to do...any ideas? I'll probably just give up on it.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You need to use the cue maker mentioned above to organise the music files in the folder with the disk image. Somewhere along the line that hasn't worked properly as both Gens and Fusion will play SegaCD games with sound and music without issues on a windows based PC.

Post here the names of the files in your game folder and a copy of the cue sheet that's been created by the cuemaker software.