PSX+N64 USB Converter Problems

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
did it look like this?

images

I'm guessing it did, if so its a HID ( human interface devise ) it requires no drivers. Plug it in and your HID device should show up, look in device manager ) Windows.. If you have a mac, same applies expect the device manager.

poirot84

Do you mean in the front of the computer? This is where I put my flash drive in. Well, either way, nothing is happening. What now?​

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Do you mean in the front of the computer? This is where I put my flash drive in. Well, either way, nothing is happening. What now?​
LOL, what? Seriously you know what a usb device is right?

nothing is happening
- If anything happens its only once. Go to control panel and then in to game controllers. Once open you should see a generic device in there. Double click on that and see if the controller works. Calibrate it!!

For the most part. This device is only going to fit in one spot, yes somtimes its in the front of the computer. For testing usb's its a good idea to try another port. Look in the back and see if that works.

poirot84

Ok, I checked out the Game Controllers after I insert the PSX+N64 USB Converter and it's called "4 axis 16 button joystick". I calibrate it like you say and still nothing has changed. I'm still stuck so what do I do now?​

poirot84

I didn't see the "4 axis 16 button joystick" because it wasn't there. Am I suppose to download it from the CD?​

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
If you are suing the plugins correctly its show a mapping of whats in your system. Since you already saw it in widows, it should be available. What input plugin are you using? Have your tried others?

poirot84

Well I try it in every USB/plug in and when I check to see in "Computer" if it's plugged in, it's not there. It's on, it's plugged in, so what gives?​

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You dont need to try another port? You said its working in the control panel so stop messing with the computer. Its the emulator you need to be concern with. Do you know what a plug-in is? Go to the plugin set up and configure your controller?

find settings
ge%20online%20tutorial%2011a04.jpg

pick a plug in...

here is the n-rage plugin

controls.png

Just set up your bottons..

Last edited:

poirot84

I switched over to N-Rage Input Plugin 1.83 and everything is setup like the picture you showed. However, it still will not work. What now?

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
If I get through this without a mild concussion I'll be surprised..

Ok first off the image is for reference. Not asking for Trenchant effort here .. just some simple common sense.. Now let us examine the image.. "Keyboard num8" - Does this sound like a joystick button to you.. If you guessed "no" then your one step ahead of me. if yes then I give up..

Ok since the keyboard is not what we want, let us get buttons in there shall we? So click the "UP" button ... now press the up button on the controller. Did it put something in there? If yes, do the rest. if no let me know.

Last edited:

poirot84

Ok, I see what I have to do now. However, when I try to set the controls up with my N64 controller, I get something called "Gamepad: Button 00". When I try to set up the rest of the controls, I get the same thing. What now?​

poirot84

I unassigned all the controls and when I try to assign the buttons, nothing happens and they stay unassigned. I already calibrate before that but if nothing is happening, what now?​

poirot84

I went to Devices and switched it over to 4 axis 16 button joystick. Now I went back to Controls to fix the controls. However, when I try to set them up, no matter which one I choose they always say "GamePad: Z-Axis -". What next?​