?Rondo of Blood rom?

supernifty

Does a Castlevania:Rondo of Blood rom exist for the PC Engine emu exist or am I simply searching in vain. All I can seem to find are .rar and sound files. Help me, I'm getting desprate.

onewecallgod

.rar means the file is archived with WinRar, which you can download and decompress it. I'd recommend 7zip, though, since it's a bit more streamlined (in my opinion) and is open source.

WinRar: www.rarlabs.com
7zip: www.7-zip.org

Master_OrHan

There is a version of Rondo of Blood that does not require an emulator to play. Works perfectly also. That's all I can say unfortunately.

Bladex1200

Couldn't you use the SNES port? I know many people say it's butchered but if you truly have exhausted every possibility of a PC-Engine port then SNES is the only way to go.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Its pretty much a completely different game on the Snes. The Rondo of Blood file for the PCE will unzip into an ISO (hence the sound files with it). To get it working properly you need to unzip it and create a cue file, we covered this a while back, using the forum search function should yield results.

Master_OrHan

I've gotten both the Windows version and the PC-Engine (Magic Engine) versions to work. I downloaded a version of the PC-Engine copy that was already made into a CUE file. Thing was that not all the audio tracks were the original quality of the CD version, or in other words the original bit rate of the sound files, like with MP3 or FLAC encoding. They say the SNES version isn't as good as the PC-Engine version.

blindell

I've gotten both the Windows version and the PC-Engine (Magic Engine) versions to work. I downloaded a version of the PC-Engine copy that was already made into a CUE file. Thing was that not all the audio tracks were the original quality of the CD version, or in other words the original bit rate of the sound files, like with MP3 or FLAC encoding. They say the SNES version isn't as good as the PC-Engine version.

The game on SNES is a totally different game. the PC version is, well.. ok. I liked it, and the person did a good job setting that up. However, if you want the PCengine version, you need a good quality bin/cue rip, or Iso/Wav/Cue rip. If you need help, just get with me.

Last edited: