Thread: Funco Land

Default Funco Land

Anyone remember this game store? I use to go to my local Funco land a few times a year when i was a kid. Man it was such a treat to go to that store back in the SNES and Genesis days. I hear that crappy Game Stop bought the stores up.
    'this machine will not communicate, these thoughts and the strain I am under' - Thom Yorke, Street Spirit 1995.

Such Coin. Many Doge. AnAutisticDog's Avatar

Default Re: Funco Land

I think Gamestop owns just about every successful gamestore.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"
    "That thing is lucky I'm not armed."

Gamestop bought them out near the turn of or just after the turn of the Millenium..

I have such fond memories of going in and trading in old games, getting enough cash to get another couple games.. the good old days, knew many of the guys at our local store by first name.. haha..

They all thought I was crazy.. I went up and down the system scales.. NES, PSX, Saturn, Sega Genesis, they refused to sell me an NES when I tried to turn my Saturn in for another console.. haha They just couldn't let me do it.

Yeah, you guys are right. I venture four hours into the closest major city a few times a year to see some family and the Funcoland down that way became a Gamestop right around 200ish.

Now when I was a child, I lived out in the country (as I do now). We had a small store in town called Page Three Comics, which sold more games than it did comics in reality. I have a lot of memories similar to the ones you guys describe involving this place instead of Funcoland or Gamestop. I used to go there every time we went to town (a bout once or twice a month) and dig threw (through?) comics and games until my mom had to drag me out of there. To this day the same guy owns it, but it's moved to a different part of town.
    Last edited by Jay; March 17th, 2009 at 02:50.
    Fun, nerdy videos: Fancy Teeth

Anyone remember this game store? I use to go to my local Funco land a few times a year when i was a kid. Man it was such a treat to go to that store back in the SNES and Genesis days. I hear that crappy Game Stop bought the stores up.
    I have such fond memories of going in and trading in old games, getting enough cash to get another couple games.. the good old days, knew many of the guys at our local store by first name.. haha..

Anyone remember this game store? I use to go to my local Funco land a few times a year when i was a kid. Man it was such a treat to go to that store back in the SNES and Genesis days. I hear that crappy Game Stop bought the stores up. auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver

Thread Information