MESSUI emulator - getting a2600 up and running?

jspicher

Howdy guys I'm pretty new to the MESSUI emulator; l've gotten the emulator to work with 7800, 5200 and lynx roms no problem however l am unable to figure out how to get the 2600 emulation to work. Do I need some type of special driver like l needed for the aforementioned systems? If so where the heck can l find it... I've looked all over and it just doesn't seem to be anywhere.

If anyone is will to help me figure out how to get MESSUI set up to play my a2600 games l would really appreciate it!

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
MESS doesn't need a seperate bios for Atari 2600, just populate the rom list and select a game, should work ok.

jspicher

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I just can't get it to work. I'll just use Stella for my 2600 emulation, and MESS for 7800 & 5200.

Thanks,

HAYDEN76

The Man
Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I just can't get it to work. I'll just use Stella for my 2600 emulation, and MESS for 7800 & 5200.

Thanks,
Yeah I do the same, Stella is a better emulator for the 2600 and I like to use MESS for the 7800 and 5200 also. Never had a problem running 2600 in MESS, just like the STELLA better. :D