Mess Cheats

calbundy

Gone for a while
Does anyone know how to get the cheat codes for Colecovision games to work with MESS ? I have tried older versions of MESS (.67B) as well as the latest version along with a cheat file containing the following lines:

; [ Miner 2049 Coleco ]
MINR2049:0:7262:06:000:Infinite Lives PL1
MINR2049:0:728F:06:000:Infinite Lives PL2
MINR2049:0:7291:06:000:Infinite Lives PL3

I really want to get it work with Miner 2049.

I have placed the cheat.dat file in the cheat folder (0.67B) as well as the the main folder in new versions ( .129) to no avail. I checked the "enable system cheats" box in both versions. With MAME you could hit the TAB key to get to the menu to enable game cheats within a game, but I can't do that in MESS for some reason.

Any help is appreciated

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
MESS follows the Mame core and the cheat system in mame changed completely in 0.127. If the same holds true for MESS then any new cheats will need to be in individual .xml files rather than a .dat file.

I would be inclined to try your cheat.dat with v0.125 of MESS (v0.65 might actually pre-date the cheat dat you're using) and see if it works. If it does then you'll need to wait for someone to start writing the xml's to use them with newer versions, if it still doesn't work with 0.125 then I can't help without actually looking at it as I've never tried using cheats with MESS.