Using a PS2 controller to move the mouse?

Wolf1777

I am going to have a setup where i have the computers display on a tv. now I was wondering is there a way to move the mouse with a playstation two controller so I dont have to get up and use the mouse everytime i want to switch games.

I already know what im using to plug the ps2 computer into the pc.

Or is it impossible and i am just going to have to invest in a wireless mouse. (hurrrrray for all the battery spending ._.)

Wolf1777

Thanks a ton!

Im not a fan of wireless mouses cause of the cost, when i have so many wired mouses from older computers and stuff lying around. (that and the battery costs is just..ugh)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Or just use a front-end to launch all your emulators, bypassing the need to use a mouse at all as you can control it all directly with the PS2 pads. Like This:

dsc0233uv7.jpg

dsc0234fy6.jpg

dsc0239vw4.jpg

dsc0250hd4.jpg

Wolf1777

What is a front end? I searched wiki but didnt get anything useful. (Anyplace that will explain it to me?)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Its basically a graphical interface.

What it does is scan your rom folder and list all the games in it. Most like the one above allow you to link it up with screenshots and other related artwork which it will display alongside whichever game is selected.
The Front-End allows you to just press one start button and it does all the work telling the emulator which game to launch.

They vary in difficulty from the very technical to very simple. The one in the screenshots is Mamewah which is one of the more technical to set up.

A lot of people use shareware ones like Maximus or GameEx, which are both excellent front-ends and have very easy to use menu driven set up procedures.

Wolf1777

I honestly have never heard of such a thing.
Haha I see pitfall, remember playing that on my sega
Thanks for the help.

Last edited: