Pokemon FireRed

Originally posted by Koden@Dec 13 2004, 04:49 AM
ok, run with me step by step on what your doing from the moment you turn on the game.
Okay...... When i turn the game on, it comes up "The 1MB Sub-Circut Board Is Not Installed" Then Oak starts talking, and then i add my name in, then i put in my rivals, then i'm in my room, so i goto save, and it says there is another file, overwriting it will delete it, i go yes, it comes up saving.... do not turn off, then i says Save Error, Please Exchange the Backp Memory! So to save it i obviously save within the Emulator (Shift+F1)!!!

Koden

what options are checked?

actually... just tell me what is checked under emulator and gameboy.

tell me EVERYTHING that has a check mark.

also, make sure that you arn't loading a save state, and uncheck in file, load game, auto load most recent.

Koden

ok, I copyed your settings to mine and the game stoped working.

Thats good because from that i fixed your problem

change SRAM to Flash in the save type and it will work.

intrestingly enough i said this before *grins*

no worries though. Try it and let me know if it works.

Okay when i save it, turn off the Emulator then turn it back on, there's no Load Game, it just starts as if it's the first time you've played the game?

Koden

ok, that one i have no idea about. sorry

all i know is it workes for me, though you may want to try save stating anyways as a safty

Edit: Ok, I see thats happening with the one i'm using now when i started a new game using green, [given i'm playing red and *cough* minipulating the game to get other pokemon i don't play green]. Since I'm having your problem i'll see what steps i should take to fix it. Oddly enough when i run red, it works.

Edit again: Well, intresting turn of events, aparently when i loaded green after loading red to test something, it is running off my red's save file on the green game. Figured that's worth shareing.

Edit third time's the charm: Well I ran some tests, some how i got it to save a battery of the game but other times it woulden't. Not sure what i did yet that got it to but i know one thing that works. Do a savestate then load the save state. if you ever need to reset the game use the reset command and the game should reset with no problems. In theory this should mean that linking won't be a problem because once your done, you let it save, then reset the rom, then savestate it and your fine.

That being said, you may as well auto load if your the only one that uses that emulator at home.

Also, i figured out that from what i learned on the 2nd edit, that only works if you don't have a battory file for the other pokemon game. I haven't played it long enough to test to see if it will allow me to capture pokemon on the other, save in game, load the other pokemon with the temp memory that is there, and see if they still work but i might do that later.

Koden

As many times as i edited, i think i should just post this time.

Anyways, i foudn the sure fire way to get the battery file to save. do a file export battory save every time *grins*

sure its inconvienent, but it works. Till i find a better way that'll work if you don't like save states.

Thanks for your work in all this i appreciate it, but alot of the last two of your posts confused me! It's okay i've beaten the Elite 4 so i'll just leave it at that. Even though i'd like to get the National Dex, it's not the end of the world, and Islands 4-9 arn't that great unless you can get Lugia, Ho-oh & Deoxys! which you can't get without respective tickets that are only obtainable through promotional gigs, which in Australia (where i live) don't happen!!!!

Originally posted by Koden@Dec 14 2004, 03:25 AM
http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/...on_frlg_par.txt

the pokemon encounter codes.

Basicly, input these and you'll run into the pokemon you wanta catch.
Hey mate, it won't let me use that link, so i went to gamefaqs.com, then can do give me a click by click please? (you don't have too if it's too much work, but i would greatly appreicate it) in the main page do i click on Game Boy Advance, then what?

Originally posted by Koden@Dec 14 2004, 05:53 PM
go to the search bar on the top right corner and type in pokemon firered

do that or just go here assuming this link works
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/game/918915.html

Down at the bottom there are action replay codes. Those tend to work better than code breaker. you use gameshark entry on the emulator to input them.
What is Gameshark? How do i get a Gameshark Entry?

Koden

its a type of cheating program. it should be in the list of things to pick from on cheat code input

Originally posted by Koden@Dec 15 2004, 03:26 AM
what emulator are you using?

Most of them come with it built in.
I have a VBA 1.7.2.560, i click on File, then goto Import, but nothing in there is available it's grey! Do i need a patch or something? i'm very clueless with these things?

Okay in the game, Gameshark Code File is available, but what needs to be loaded in there?

Once you put in a code, and that pokemon comes up in the wild, once it's caught, that pokemon is still the only one in the wild, is there a way to then get it back to random wild pokemon!