Emulator Problem: Dolphin emulator troubles

Paul

I'm trying to get Dolphin the Nintendo Gamecube emulator to work but I can't seem to run a rom like Adventure Island on it. I was told to format my computer to either XP or Vista. I have XP but it still won't work. The Dolphin emulator just won't play any games at all. The game I want to play on it is Hudson Selection Vol.4 Adventure Island. I hope you can help me.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
It could be the game doesn't work in Dolphin (yet). It isn't even on the compatibility list.

Anyway, you need to provide details about the version of Dolphin that you are currently using, your computer specs, what, if any, error messages you get and what things you have done to setup Dolphin. That should give us something to go on.

But I hope you realise that Dolphin is far from working on great many games, so be prepared to be disappointed.

Paul

I went onto The Emulator Zone to Download Dolphinwx which is the Dolphin emulator I'm trying to run. And Ilike I said my computer is XP. Plus everytime I try to run Dolphin I keep getting this message: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Now that I've given details about my problem, I hope you can help me.

Paul

I'm still having trouble getting the emulator to work even though I tried both things you said to try. Can you think of something else?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Well few things:

Are you using the public dolphin

http://www.dolphin-emu.com

If so what version are you using. 2018 is very stable. 2195 is ok, bit faster. You should not be using 1.3 beta any longer..

What video card do you have?

What is the exact error if changed from above.

Does the error says its dolphin, or a dll file?

Paul

Yes ulaoulao I'm trying to use the Public Dolphin emulator but I'm getting six things to download and I don't know which of them to download under version 2195. Here are the 6 downloads I get under that:
Game Inis (1)
Game Ini packs for Dolphin [Join to Download] (1)
You must signup on the website to download
[Unoffical] Linux Builds 32bit (4)
Linux Builds 32bit [Unofficial] Linux Builds 64bit (4)
Linux Builds 64bit
[Unofficial] Windows Builds 32bit (5)
Windows Builds [Unofficial] Windows Builds 64bit (3)
Windows Builds 64bit
Which one should I use on that?
Also I don't have a video card.
I hope this will help you help me out further with this.

Last edited:

Spudnick

"Uh hi. I'm having some trouble w/ the dolphin emu. I downloaded from here. Everytime I try to open it, it tries opening it w/ Project 64. I tried making it so P 64 was no longer the default program to use but it always opens w/ P 64. How can I save Dolphin as a program that I can run? Keep in mind I don't that much about computers."

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The problem is probably to do with the file associations in PJ64. Have a look in 'Options'>'Settings'>'Shell Integration' in the Project 64 toolbar and deselect any associations there.

Then right click the Dolphin.exe and use the menu there to manually assign the Dolphin.exe to open with Dolphin.