Translating language on a website of a game from Japanese to English

Paul

Hi I have a question to ask you. I found the website of the game Adventure Island for both Playstation 2, and Nintendo Gamecube on wikipedia, but its in Japanese therefore I don't know if it has links to help me download the game. So my question is how do I translate the language on that website of this game on Wikipedia from Japanese to English using Google Translate? I hope you can help me with this so that way I can figure out how to download this game for both systems on this website on wikipedia so I can play it. Thanks.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I doubt you'll find the game through there. Anyway, just do a search on Google on the entire link to the page. Then click the translate link that shows up right after the first hit.

Last edited:

Paul

I typed in the link to the website on Google then I clicked "Translate this page" to make it English but nothing happened, it stayed at Japanese. What should I do?

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I typed in the link to the website on Google then I clicked "Translate this page" to make it English but nothing happened, it stayed at Japanese. What should I do?

Don't really know, it worked fine for me. Post the link and maybe I can give you a screenshot of the translated page.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I will check it out in a minute though I doubt you will be able to download the game from there since it looks like an official page. But if you *could* download it from there I couldn't post it here anyway since I can't refer to copyright material. (And you would have to remove the link entirely...) Anyway, I'll let you know soon.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Ok, I forgot. Google can only translate plain text. This site has all the necessary text on gif-files so it can't be translated. Anyway, I poked around the site and it was as I thought. This is an official site for the game and the only thing you could download there are some desktop backgrounds.

According to the site they sell it for 3000 (yen I suppose) although I'm not sure that it is still available. I don't understand why you thought they would have the game for download?

Paul

Okay Retroguiden I understand everything you're saying but is there anyway I can play the game on Nintendo Gamecube and Playstation 2? I'm not asking you to give me a link to a rom website since that's not allowed, I just want to know if there's a way to download it for those two systems and play it on both of them that's all.

Zach

The answer here seems pretty obvious.. Go to a site that covers the game, in English and look for information about what platforms it was released for.. If it has been released on both systems then all you have to do is hunt down the specific version for that system..

For PS2 you gotta use google to look for bittorrents.. You'll need a DVD burner to burn the game, as well as a PS2 boot disc, and the necesarry modification hardware installed on your PS2 so it can use the boot disc..

for GBA unless you have a flash card writer or whatever, you'll have to emulate it on your PC, which is kind of pointless if you wanted it to game on the go.. Otherwise just get Visualboy Advance and emulate the ROM on your PC.

Paul

The only site I could find which is only in Japanese that covers the game for both PS2 and GC is the one found on Wikipedia under Adventure Island the video game. I can't find one that covers this game for both systems in English.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I doubt there will be an informational site in english since this was only released in Asia/Japan. (AFAIK)

According to this site: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-4a-49-en-70-2oo.html

the game is either out of print or out of stock. (And since it was released in 2003 I'd bet on it being out of print, I also bet this is true for both the GC and PS versions). But if you look below the game text you see that they offer to track it down for you if you become a member on the site.

Otherwise I concur with Zac, sweep every bittorrent site you can find through Google. Or check every store you can find that deals with imports and used games.

i think after all this time that's the best answer anyone in this forum is going to give you at the moment.