Emulator Problem: Dolphin (GC emulator) help.

When I try to run the emulator, it says "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details." Now I have no idea what this means, or what to do to fix it, so can somebody please help me?

Oh, and if you need my specs, here they are:
Processor: AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ (2 CPUs) ~2.7GHz
Memory: 4094 RAM
DirectX 10
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
That points to missing or incomplete registry information. You would need to check the event log to find out exactly why its spitting the dummy.
Its usually to do with the silly way Vista controls the registry and windows system files and denies the user and certain applications proper access.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer

The log should show what .dll or other item the emulator is failing to find/start/address

Copy the information you find there, paste it into google and it should direct you to a suitable fix and or download.

I'm sorry, but can you be a bit more specific? I've found the Event Viewer, but I have no idea how to use it. I don't know what's relevant to my emulator problem and what not, or what to C&P into google.

alexxi

back from hell
simpler solution: get a different version of the emu, I mainly use rev961 of Dolphin because I get the best speeds with it, in rev 1400+ dolphin is slower for me, and in revs 1800+ even slower.

brandawg94

can someone repeat the instructions for windows vista? i dont have system and maintanance or administrative tools buttons

Never mind, im an idiot:)

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
shut up alexxi. can someone answer Indignation Judgment's last question?

Try not to do this. He is offering an alternative solution in keeping with the problems posted in the thread which is perfectly acceptable. If the thread author still needs assistance he can say so.