Absolute Beginner

ZosoRocks

Hello,
As I'm sure you guessed from the title, I am a complete newbie to the world of emulation in any shape or form. I basically want to be able to play games from the playstation 1, snes and master system/mega drive on my laptop, but have no idea how I can start this or what to do at all. I'm not sure what details I should include about my laptop but it has 1GB ram and about 20 GBs free memory. I apologise for my complete ignorance about the forum rules and etiquette as well as my general ignorance, I am hoping to change that with a little help from whoever is willing.
Thanks,
ZosoRocks

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Hi and welcome ZosoRocks.

I'm really tired here and need to go to bed but I thought I'd start you out with links to a couple of threads so you have somewhere to begin.

Guidelines on this forum's etiquette.

How to setup ePSXe, one of the best PS1 emulators.

A Nintendo emulator guide.

As for Sega there don't seem to be a good sticky thread about it yet (wonder why...?) but I think most people here agree that Kega Fusion is the best choice för Genesis, Sega CD, Gamegear and Master System games.

But please also read the forum rules and remember that we can't help you with links to the actual games. You have to provide them yourself!

Hope this gets you underway and hopefully we can answer your questions further down the road. now it's off to bed for me! ;)

Zach

Just look for stickies in the main categories and you will likely find most of your answers on getting things up and running.

Also, don't forget that finding the home site for an emulator and seeing if they have a forum is also a good way to get help, as people there should be very knowledgeable about that particular emulator and any quirks.

I'd also recommend Kega Fusion for most anything Sega, but if a certain game doesn't work on one emulator, you can always try to play it with another, too.