transfer files from PS1 games!!

cirasella

is their a way to transfer files from your ps1 game to your computer so that u dont have to keep the game cd slot in order to play it?

Zach

Yes, you can use a couple different programs.

Alcohol 120% or CloneCD

I believe both have special profiles for ripping PlayStation One games. It won't really matter since you're using an emulator, but these programs both get the job done..

There is also Nero, but I think that saves in the proprietary NRG file format only so I wouldn't bother unless someone says it can save .ISO files. Alcohol can output MDF/MDS (a CD image and its cue sheet) and CloneCD saves CCD cue sheets, IMG for CD images, and SSD I think is the extension for subchannel data. Sot with CloneCD you usually get 3 files instead of 1 file (the CD image) or 2 files (the image and a cue sheet) with other programs.

In the end it doesn't matter. If your emulator supports the file format you end up with, you can change your config options to use an internal image mounter (if it has one) or install daemon-tools. DT emulates a CD/DVD-ROM drive. So you "mount" the CD Image you make of your game Disc(s) with Daemon Tools and then select the drive letter assigned to the virtual drive it creates and it reads it just like a CD/DVD-ROM, only its a hell of a lot faster.

Zach

I just never liked it because traditionally it wasn't compatible with mounting tools and can only be burned by Nero, etc.

Daemon Tools does appear to support it now in the latest version I have though