Gurps?

Hrothgar

Yeah, considering the audience that the Emulator-Zone attracts, I was wondering if anyone plays GURPS?

For those of you who don't know what GURPS is, to put it shortly it stands for General Universal Role Playing System. It's a table top game like D&D but written to be a bit more flexible. You can find out more here.

Anyways, the reason I ask is because I GM (Game Master) in GURPS and I always wanted to talk to someone about the campaigns I was putting together, but can't tell any of my friends about them because either A. They're playing them and I can't spoil any secrets or B. They aren't playing and don't give a rats ass anyways. I'd like to have someone to talk to about GURPS, share ideas, and maybe someone I can discuss some of the murky rules with.

Anyways, I post this here because there is a GURPS forum, however the people there don't particular seem like people I'd enjoy talking to too much. The forum isn't overall bad or anything, for the most part they are civil and helpful when they can be, but a good fraction of them seem obsessive. I prefer the crowd here a bit more.

Anyways, I'm asking this a little out of curiosity to see how many people here play GURPS. If no one does I will find myself very sad to learn the fact that I have delved into a deep dark pit of geekiness further than anyone here has dared to venture. Actually, reflecting on that notion, I would actually be a little proud that I have achieved such a high ranking of dorkiness. Anyways, I'm going off track and off the side of a mountain with the focus point of this post so I think I shall stop writing now.

Last edited:

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
Yeah, considering the audience that the Emulator-Zone attracts, I was wondering if anyone plays GURPS?

For those of you who don't know what GURPS is, to put it shortly it stands for General Universal Role Playing System. It's a table top game like D&D but written to be a bit more flexible. You can find out more here.

Anyways, the reason I ask is because I GM (Game Master) in GURPS and I always wanted to talk to someone about the campaigns I was putting together, but can't tell any of my friends about them because either A. They're playing them and I can't spoil any secrets or B. They aren't playing and don't give a rats ass anyways. I'd like to have someone to talk to about GURPS, share ideas, and maybe someone I can discuss some of the murky rules with.

Anyways, I post this here because there is a GURPS forum, however the people there don't particular seem like people I'd enjoy talking to too much. The forum isn't overall bad or anything, for the most part they are civil and helpful when they can be, but a good fraction of them seem obsessive. I prefer the crowd here a bit more.

Anyways, I'm asking this a little out of curiosity to see how many people here play GURPS. If no one does I will find myself very sad to learn the fact that I have delved into a deep dark pit of geekiness further than anyone here has dared to venture. Actually, reflecting on that notion, I would actually be a little proud that I have achieved such a high ranking of dorkiness. Anyways, I'm going off track and off the side of a mountain with the focus point of this post so I think I shall stop writing now.

never heard of it, but sounds cool, anyway welcome back:eek:

Hrothgar

Yeah, couldn't get online that often lately because my laptop wire shorted, and I had to wait for a new one to ship in.

Jeanine14

Anyways, I post this here because there is a GURPS forum, however the people there don't particular seem like people I'd enjoy talking to too much. The forum isn't overall bad or anything, for the most part they are civil and helpful when they can be, but a good fraction of them seem obsessive. I prefer the crowd here a bit more. jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

welcome back!!!