Computer Problem: Survival Horror Emulator help.

buddychrist

This may sound a bit like a pointless or futile question, But i was hoping someone could help me. I'm looking for any emulators that have a collection of classic Survival horror games. I'm a big fan but i dont have the money to spend. Could any of you give me liknks to an emulator aor a few emulators that have good lists of classic horror games? Plus, i also want to hear what games you think should be in that list. Any help would be apriciated. Preferably easy to use please, I've only used Project 64 before and i admit i'm not good at these things. I tried PSX but i had no idea how to use it. Thanks if you can help. if not would be good to hear what you think.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Survival Horror games exploded onto the market during PSX and Saturn's life cycles. So I would suggest ePSXe and SSF. (Although from what I've heard they are a lot more complicated than PSX.) There are also Survival Horror games for Dreamcast (try Demul, NullDC) and PS2 (try PCSX2 but you need a really good dual core-based computer).

However, if you can stand outdated graphics one of the first SH-games (if not THE first) was the Alone in the Dark series. (Try DOSBox, SSF, ePSXe, Demul, NullDC, PCSX2 or if you can find a good 3DO emulator.)

But remember that you need the games too, as the rules state you can not ask us for games/roms/Isos.

However, old Resident evil games, Silent Hill and Alone in the Dark should be cheap to buy nowadays.

Hrothgar

I know that surprisingly enough there was a good survival horror game for SNES called Clock Tower. It's Japanese-only game, but it's been translated already.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Can anyone suggest some good Horror/Survival Horror games for the PC.

Sorry to Hijack your thread, but It seemed pointless to make my own.

BTW: Zombies Ate My Neighbors is a great game for the Genesis/SNES. I don't know if would be considered as a Survival Horror though.

Last edited:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
BTW: Zombies Ate My Neighbors is a great game for the Genesis/SNES. I don't know if would be considered as a Survival Horror though.

:D hehehe... That is one scary game. Well, Alone in the dark series were all made for PC. But I'm not sure you'll like the first one's when it comes to graphics.
Other titles in the genre are Dead Space, Dino Crisis, Penumbra series, The Suffering etc. And of course you got PC versions of the Resident evil and Silent Hill series.