Directx for pcsx2

jtcooky

So when i go to run my iso to play a game, it said i needed to update to the newest version of directx and gave me a link to go there and everything. so i did that and updated, restarted my computer then went to run pcsx2 again and ran my iso, it gave me the same message again. so i tried again and downloaded it and installed the new directx again, but it of course said it was already installed. why does that keep happening?

jtcooky

idk its just the one that came with my laptop, i've been able to play newer high end games like sins of a solar empire. but would that really have anything to do with the video card?

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
idk its just the one that came with my laptop, i've been able to play newer high end games like sins of a solar empire. but would that really have anything to do with the video card?

yeah it could be. some video cards dont work with specific directx versions (at least at my own experience.) and it may be also you specs are to low, so it would be nice if you told us....

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Thats probably going to be your problem then. Intel integrated graphics chips are not particularly good and it will also be sharing whatever memory is allocated to it with the system memory. Seems likely your laptop doesn't meet the required specs for PCSX2.

If you are running the latest version of DirectX and a program is consistently telling you to re-install directX it would point to the program needing a directX component that either isn't present or is not supported by your videocard. You could try installing the latest drivers for your graphics chip to see if that solves it.

What specifically does PCSX2 report when it gives you the error?.

Last edited:

jtcooky

it says "Please update DirectX!" then it asks if i wanna open the download page in my browser. the heading or title of the window or whatever is GSdx-ssse3

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Try going over to the microsoft site and downloading the latest Direct-X version directly from there. Download the .exe version and install it over the old version.

If that still doesn't work then it seems likely that your hardware doesn't support whatever it is the program needs. AFAIK SSE3 is used by Core2Duo's so it may be there's a directx component or .dll required to utilise thats missing from your system.

Last edited:

occultist

i already installed the directx and update it , but i still cant find it in my pcsx2 configuration , can u tell me how to put them ?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
i already installed the directx and update it , but i still cant find it in my pcsx2 configuration , can u tell me how to put them ?

As always your PC specs should be included in any support requests (particularly which graphics card for DX requests). Not sure what you're talking about trying to find Direct-X in your PCSX2 configuration? or what you're asking for advice about what to put where?.

cibomatto2002

Windows 10

aerionel

i have the same problem as him...

the problems that I encountered with PSX2 was:

1. GS2 plugin which I already downloaded and yet the program still doesn't recognized it. ( i put the right path, TEST it and it says it work but when I run it. Still missing!)
= what i did was NULL it so it will stop asking for the plugin.
2. Install newest version of Direct x
= i already have the newest version of direct x 9 and downloaded a direct x 10 which was redistributed last February and yet it still ask for the newest version.

i think the problem is with the specs
if your spec is lower than the one indicated in the download section then it won't work...T.T