Final Fantasy 7 in ePSXe error

kzimmer0712

hey i just got the ff7 .bin files and i started playing the game with ePSXe, however when the game got to the first battle i could not see the battle controls. the entire panel was black. i could, however, hit the arrow keys and i would here a sound which indicated i was highlighting particular buttons. i would hit the button equivalent to "O" on my keyboard and i would attack. but i was just guessing. does anyone knoe how i can fix this so i can see the battle screen pannel?? i am attaching a pic of the screen.
finalfantasy7.jpg

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Try running it with the PSX emulator. The reason being is that PSX doesn't use plug-ins and offers more native emulation.
If it works ok in PSX then you can try using a different graphics plugin to solve the problem with ePSXe. If you have the same problem with PSX then you know your disk image is bad and to source one from somewhere else.

Solis

Hello kzimmer0712,

Try doing this

Turn frame skipping off.
Turn up offscreen drawing to at least 2 for FF8/9 and 3 for FF7, if you're using Pete's OGL or D3D, and higher than 0 for OGL2.
For any other game, just turn it up one setting higher than you have it now.

or use peopsoft 1.18b

Geejus420

SOLIS.....was absolutely right!!!! i guess when it comes to this player all you have to do is fiddle around a bit with the settings....thanks alot solis!!! im in for some good reminiscing ahead :p

mhart85

im not using epsxe im using the xbox emulator pcsx any idea on how i can get the battle screens 2 show?

lance9000

for some reason the battle screen will still not show for me. its the same deal i have the arrow above my charecter and i can click attack and stuff but i dont know what im clicking so all i can perty much do is basic attack. i cant summon or use items or magic becouse nothing is there. and i cant see my life which sucks. but idk what im doing wrong i tryed the ...Turn up offscreen drawing to at least 2 for FF8/9 and 3 for FF7, if you're using Pete's OGL or D3D, and higher than 0 for OGL2.
For any other game, just turn it up one setting higher than you have it now. but mine runs in 10-200 and i can type in 300 but still wont work. I would really like to know how to configure my epsxe properly.

btw... im trying to play ff8 and ff9 both wont work, same problem.

Pinder17

i was having this exact same problem with FF7,8 &9.. i just went into my video settings, clicked on "nice" at the bottom left and it fixed the problem for me. hope this helps anyone who may encounter this problem again

slayer upon

Hello kzimmer0712,

Try doing this

Turn frame skipping off.
Turn up offscreen drawing to at least 2 for FF8/9 and 3 for FF7, if you're using Pete's OGL or D3D, and higher than 0 for OGL2.
For any other game, just turn it up one setting higher than you have it now.

or use peopsoft 1.18b

Thanks so much for your help :) I signed up for this website just to acknowledge you

megafilipe

always try the other emulators that psx has to offer, epsxe doesn't necessarily means its the best in every case

i always liked how the connectics VGS worked on Legend of dragoon and all the others i played, over 10, then i switched to epsxe because they kept showing love and new plugins, but u get the idea

slickery

This will play on Normal Speed
1. Config
2. Video
3. Select P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.14
4. Configure
5. Check Wait for VSYNC - synchronize screen update with monito reefresh rate
6. Check Stop screen saver - disables screen savers\power-saving
8. uncheck activate special game fixes
7. Ok
8. Ok

Or For easy way to play