lol i got a working xbox emulator

hailsamr

Yeah, you'd think he would except... then you wouldn't have to buy the consoles, eh? Thats a huge loss right there.

This wouldn't be so, microsoft lose money on every xbox they sell. its been like this from day 1. On release day the xbox cost microsoft £330 to make each one and they were sold at £300 (in the uk).

At present I would imagine that costs have been reduced but the xbox price has been slashed to under £100 now! :eek:

So, to make profit, microsoft are concentrating on the software sales (and peripherals of course...)

So for Mr. Gates to create his own Xbox emulator would be a good business idea as long as pirate disks couldn't be created!

Danny

Originally posted by hailsamr@Nov 29 2004, 02:10 PM
Yeah, you'd think he would except... then you wouldn't have to buy the consoles, eh? Thats a huge loss right there.

This wouldn't be so, microsoft lose money on every xbox they sell. its been like this from day 1. On release day the xbox cost microsoft £330 to make each one and they were sold at £300 (in the uk).

At present I would imagine that costs have been reduced but the xbox price has been slashed to under £100 now! :eek:

So, to make profit, microsoft are concentrating on the software sales (and peripherals of course...)

So for Mr. Gates to create his own Xbox emulator would be a good business idea as long as pirate disks couldn't be created!
Stop talking crap.

sidneycat

No xbox emu for a very long time

one of the problems with emulation, is that it involves converting one computer language (the console) into another (the pc). this typically slows down the pc quite a bit. so, in order to play xbox games on a pc, you'd need a pc faster than an xbox.

please feel free to tell me if im talking outta my ass