final fantasy 8

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Just wanted to stick my oar in and point out how lame it is to have a sux/rox debate. Different people will enjoy different games, that's the brilliant thing about there being more than one to play.

I personally preferred 8 over 7 as I found 7's storyline had too many cliched threads and interludes plus I enjoyed the card game and side missions in 8.

7 was still a fantastic RPG that I enjoyed immensely, the fact that I preferred 8 and someone else preferred 7 doesn't make either person 'right' as preferences are about personal choice not some bogus label to be applied by other people for someone to conform to.

Its all a bit immature TBH chaps.

Mystic

Banned
There's nothing immature about having a little friendly debate on here now and again. It keeps the forums lively :p

haSu101

Reaper
LOL. This debate is funny. It's all a matter of taste and preference. If you're into lame ass games... Play 8..
If you appreciate gaming and RPG's in general, play 7.
7 is by far my favorite, next to 9. I played 45 minutes of 8 and, honestly, gave it to my friend. The game was horrible, aside from the graphic update.
The ONLY reason 7 was so polygonal was because sony was making the game to begin with to be released for N64 (Now you use your common sense (( N64/PSX )) .)
OTher than that, 7 was a kickass game with > A TON < of replay value. (Summons/Weapons/Gold Saucer highscores (( dont know about you, but friends and i have sat and played each other for a HS)) .) Not to mention in 7 you have snowboarding, sub battles, motorcycle battles, etc. The game is very dynamic and whoever says otherwise is a complete and utter idiot TBH. You can't argue with ratings, and 10 people to 1 will choose 7 as the better game.

However you are allowed your opinion so go bore yourself with 8.
kthxbai

haSu101

Reaper
Im ISO'ing ff7 as we speak. This thread totally sparked my interest in ff7 again. haha
Brings back memories... Only thing i have to do now is remember all the secrets to the game (chocobo breeding, etc.) Gonna be an tedious yet rewarding task when i take down Ruby and Emerald weapon xD.

EDIT: BTW Mystic, do you have an opinion as to why that savegame issue occured in my FFT thread?

Last edited:

Mystic

Banned
I read your post and I've never heard of anything like that, but I'm looking into it. Give me a min.

Edit : what emu are you using?

Edit2 : I found a similar problem, are you opening your emu through a shortcut? If you are try opening it directly.

Last edited:

haSu101

Reaper
I'm epsxe1.7 and no shortcut. I found it odd that it let me load my game multiple times from the file, and yet wafter i played RE2 and went back, all my saves reverted and i lost around 5 hours of gameplay >_<

Mystic

Banned
I don't have a clue man, maybe someone else will log on and know what to do. I could only find that one solution from google, and I've never had that problem. Sry :(

haSu101

Reaper
LOL nice title/avatar/sig,rofl right now.

Thanks anyway. I can't find any answers, I guess i'll have to do it all over again, and if thats the case it's always more fun just starting over (LOL)

haSu101

Reaper
heh, should at least leave it on for that one kid to see... lmao. What games are you currently playing btw?

Mystic

Banned
Right now I'm 2 temples from Ganon in Ocarina of Time, and I have a FF7 in the works with all the summons and secrets. Just working on mastering all the summons and getting lvl 99.

Probably gonna start up BoF IV or Xenogears soon. Havn't decided.

haSu101

Reaper
Meh, Ocarina of Time... Why did you mention that game... WOW thanks, *Searches for N64 Emu*

Hm.. I have honestly never played BoF, how is it?

haSu101

Reaper
Also, a few friends have played Xenogears but i've ever checked it out. Do you fight inside or outside of the gear more? I mean do you get to run around in your gear in a world map or?

Mystic

Banned
I love them, personally I think the best one is BoF III.

The story goes, you're one of the last survivors of an ancient race that can transform into dragons (The Brood), and 1000 years ago another ancient race (The Guardians) comes and kills your people to the near point of extinction. Then when you wake up 1000 years after the war you befriend a guardian and try to found out what really happened.

The first 2 BoFs don't go into that kind of detail, but snes games never had much of a story line lol.

Edit : You use the gears for the majority of the game.

haSu101

Reaper
I think i'll definatly start a BoF project up sometime this week. :) What system PSX?
Another game I havn't played in forever is legend of dragoon, however i currently don't own that game anymore. What i remember of it was pretty amazing though.