"Zlib.dll was not found" Fix

Mystic

Banned

If you are getting this message when you try to run ePSXe 1.7.0 download this.

Zlib1.dll

Just save it into the same folder ePSXe 1.7.0 is located, and you're good to go.

Please sticky this there's to many treads about this, and this will save time.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member

If you are getting this message when you try to run ePSXe 1.7.0 download this.

Zlib.dll

Just save it into the same folder ePSXe 1.7.0 is located, and you're good to go.

Please sticky this there's to many treads about this, and this will save time.

I agree, I'm sick of seeing this.. STICKY IT PLEASE!! Not that it takes any brains to figure out how to fix it LOL.. Does anyone actually read errors messages anymore? Hmm, missing file. Hmm google. hmmm, Zlib web site. Hmm 1 + 1 is...2!! Eureka..

Newbie#1337

Hi. I am certainly not that great with computers. But I know how to follow directions. I have read your installation FAQ and got his error. I read this thread and did just as you said. But I still get the error. I downloaded the .dll file directly from your link and did just as you said. So....can someone help me set this emulator up?

Mystic

Banned
Where did you save the file? It needs to be in the same folder as ePSXe.

Like mine is in C:\Documents and Settings\zebra\My Documents\Roms\Playstation so that's were I saved the .dll

Mystic

Banned
Try the download again, I think I posted the wrong .dll

I posted zlib.dll, but it supposed to be zlib1.dll

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Another tip for any... Make sure you downloaded it from that site, there are other versions out there. Also make sure you dont have any other copies in you c:\windows\system32 folder. If so over right it with the one linked above. And back up the old one encase.

Last edited: