Dolphin for Vista

RiderLeangle

Does Dolphin work on Vista? if yes how do I get it to read Wii games in my disk drive? I want to try to play Super Smash Brothers Brawl on PC.

troval

hmm i just downloaded dophin to my vista an it 'works' (quad cpu, 9.6 GHz, nvidia geforce 8600gs) but with 800x600 a 10.5/fps !?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Because your system has a slow processor and onboard graphics.

There is no way that rig will run Crysis on full settings at full speed, no matter what they say about the demo its either a very different build to the full game or its simply defaulting the settings based on your hardware, but even some Dual Cores with good dedicated graphics cards struggle to push it along at a decent lick.

Was just looking at some benchmarks for other systems, and a fast Core2Quad System with 3Gb of Ram and a dedicated 256Mb 8600GTS card was only benchmarking 13FPS with full settings.

Last edited:

Valor

When I set my plugin to pad and click the button to try and configure the pad so that it maps to my keyboard, nothing happens. I'm running Vista, so I'm not too sure what's going on there.

Edit: When I try to do it through the configure wizard, I get the error message that says: ChangeNumPlayers

uhhhh.. yeah.

Last edited:

RiderLeangle

Because your system has a slow processor and onboard graphics.

There is no way that rig will run Crysis on full settings at full speed, no matter what they say about the demo its either a very different build to the full game or its simply defaulting the settings based on your hardware, but even some Dual Cores with good dedicated graphics cards struggle to push it along at a decent lick.

Was just looking at some benchmarks for other systems, and a fast Core2Quad System with 3Gb of Ram and a dedicated 256Mb 8600GTS card was only benchmarking 13FPS with full settings.

Is there any way to fix that without opening my PC and manually repairing everything?

And heres the demo if you want to see how powerful it is
http://www.crysisdemo.com/

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Honestly mate, no matter how much you really, really want it to work, your processor and graphics card are a long way below the spec you are going to need to run PS2 or GC via emulation.

There's no magic optimisation that you can do that will suddenly turn it into a fast PC.

Regardless of what the demo is, what it says or how well you think its running, Crysis (not the demo the actual game) will run like a dog with everything turned on. Even if you had a good gaming rig, Its pointless using a PC game as a benchmark for emulation as the two aren't really comparable in the way they work or the way they use the hardware.

Valor

When I set my plugin to pad and click the button to try and configure the pad so that it maps to my keyboard, nothing happens. I'm running Vista, so I'm not too sure what's going on there.

Edit: When I try to do it through the configure wizard, I get the error message that says: ChangeNumPlayers

uhhhh.. yeah.

bump? :eek:

RiderLeangle

Honestly mate, no matter how much you really, really want it to work, your processor and graphics card are a long way below the spec you are going to need to run PS2 or GC via emulation.

There's no magic optimisation that you can do that will suddenly turn it into a fast PC.

Regardless of what the demo is, what it says or how well you think its running, Crysis (not the demo the actual game) will run like a dog with everything turned on. Even if you had a good gaming rig, Its pointless using a PC game as a benchmark for emulation as the two aren't really comparable in the way they work or the way they use the hardware.
Well what would be a good one fro what I want?

Well theres overclocking but I don't know if my power suply and fan could take that.

Damn, if the most powerful game on the market on full stats isn't good enough of a PC to run PS2 and Gamecube, I'd be impressed of how bulked up of a PC it takes for them.

EDIT: Wait, Is there a way to hook up Gamecube and PC so I can run ISOs from my PC, onto my Gamecube, then route it back to the PC as a screen?

Last edited: