Need help with Mame

ki0

Only certain games are working for Mame0128b. I'm trying to get Metal Slug 5, Garou and Samurai Showdown to work. I have a Neogeo bios, but they still aren't working.

Thanks in advance :bow:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Make sure your game rom is the correct version for the mame version. They have to match. You may want to get a rom checker like cmpro or Romcenter.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Only certain games are working for Mame0128b. I'm trying to get Metal Slug 5, Garou and Samurai Showdown to work. I have a Neogeo bios, but they still aren't working.

Also bear in mind that the neo stuff has had a number of updates recently. If you can't find an up to date source for your roms try going back to around v0.125 of Mame and try them with that. There are currently loads of changes going on with the mame code and a lot of stuff is broken/bugged. Best to stick with an older build for the next version or 2 until they've finished all the modifications and rewrites.

You can get older versions of mame from the main mame site or older versions of MameUI (mame32) from www.joymonkey.com

Last edited:

MisterJJ

Make sure your game rom is the correct version for the mame version. They have to match. You may want to get a rom checker like cmpro or Romcenter.

i didn`t wanted to open new topic so i`ll ask my question here...

i`ve downloaded MAME Plus! 0.123 and i also have problems with starting some games, only several games are in "available" list on the emulator. i`ve read that i should check with "cmpro or Romcenter" but can you tell me how to do that or maybe suggest some version of MAMEemullator that can make most of the games playable!?

Thanks in advance

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Lots of mame roms have been updated over the years, so it really depends how old the roms are at the site you are sourcing them from.

If you right click a game from the gamelist and hit audit it will check the rom. If it reports files missing then you know your rom is out of date (or too up to date if you're using an older version of Mame) for the version of mame you are using.

The audit will actually specify which files within the rom are missing, you can also use resources like the MAWS database to check what files your rom should have and then you can try to find a site hosting those roms.

MisterJJ

Lots of mame roms have been updated over the years, so it really depends how old the roms are at the site you are sourcing them from.

If you right click a game from the gamelist and hit audit it will check the rom. If it reports files missing then you know your rom is out of date (or too up to date if you're using an older version of Mame) for the version of mame you are using.

The audit will actually specify which files within the rom are missing, you can also use resources like the MAWS database to check what files your rom should have and then you can try to find a site hosting those roms.

i was asking about those roms that cannot be found by the emulator it self. i cannot see the actual game (rom) what is missing from it if i can`t see it in the game list. I`ve downloaded some roms and when i set the directory for the emulator to list them there are any of those games i downloaded them...

anyway...
HUGE THANKS

the_EMU_kid

if you realy want to play those use NeoRAGExp v0.8b its the best for NeoGEO games

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
It has to be said though that NeoRageX is no longer supported or updated, and works with a very outdated romset. Its been improved and superceded in almost every way by most of the current alive actively developed emulators.

I would agree that if you are running on very, very old hardware its worth having a punt with and if its your favourite solution then there's no harm in letting other people know its there to try, but to pimp it as anything other than an old, out of date emulator is doing the forum a disservice as Kawaks and FBA (and in many cases Mame) do the job better nowadays even on slower hardware.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
if you didnt help let him atleast try mine ,and yes noeoragex is the best NeoGEO emulator for compatibility and its easy to configure for a newbie

My comment was not meant to be rude. I did try to help him by choosing FBA or Kawaks, which are easier to configure than MAME.
NeoRageX does not have the best compatibility, the others emulate the Neo Geo system almost perfectly.