Mortal Kombat 4 Unlocking Characters and Group Issues

ShakeZula

In the game I can't unlock Noob Saibot, Goro, and Meat, or play group mode. There are multiple possible reasons for this, maybe because the ROM is messed up, maybe because I am using an N64 USB Adapter to use a controller, or it could be that I'm doing it wrong. I read that to unlock Noob Saibot/Goro, you need to beat the game as Reiko/Shinnok, select hidden, go over Reiko/Goro with your hidden cursor, and choose them with Run+Block. I have tried this multiple times and every time it selects Reiko/Shinnok and I don't get to play as Noob Saibot or Goro, I've even tried another ROM source and I got the same problem. And to unlock Meat I read that I need to play all the way through group mode, but when I try to put the cursor over the group mode button in multiplayer it skips over it and I can't select it. I'm not sure what the problem is, any ideas?

ShakeZula

...OK... No luck there, let me rephrase it, has anyone emulated Mortal Kombat 4 and gotten those things to work?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Could be a couple of things. Your info on how to select the characters could be wrong, your gamepad might not support simultaneous input (rather than activating run & block its activating run then block), or it could be stuff missing from the game or emulation.

Seems unlikely the emulation if it works ok in all other instances would somehow prevent in-built extras or cheats from working. I would imagine group mode is unavailable as the emulated N64 is only detecting one gamepad connected. Try defining P2 controls to keyboard keys just so the N64 thinks a second pad is connected.

Also the cheat for Noob and Goro states you have to press Block and Run not Run and Block, the order you press them in could make a difference.

Last edited: