No$GBA 2.7 is out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YaKid

I'm not so sure what's new, but it works smooth as hell! Just check the Readme or something, I'm not advanced enough for this stuff :p

ENJOY!

Mirrors:
-- DELETED --

Last edited by a moderator:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Most of what I read is that its a fake or virus. Has anyone around here used it, besides the OP?

update:: I scanned the version YaKid had, and its 30k or so bigger then 2.6a. May try it later. Also includes the readme file. Looks leaked to me.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Most of what I read is that its a fake or virus. Has anyone around here used it, besides the OP?

update:: I scanned the version YaKid had, and its 30k or so bigger then 2.6a. May try it later. Also includes the readme file. Looks leaked to me.

I've also given it a thorough scan and its not turning out anything nasty so it looks like an unofficial leak which is pretty naughty really. In which case the links should really be taken down/deleted.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I've also given it a thorough scan and its not turning out anything nasty so it looks like an unofficial leak which is pretty naughty really. In which case the links should really be taken down/deleted.
- I agree!

lol i open it and i couldn't open it cuz it uses java and i don't have that program
- The links?? The program is not java. But I dont think its worth it, the real 2.7 will be out soon.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents

Why? What I like about this forum is that it doesn't make the rather ridiculus rule that "non-official builds and beta versions is not supported".

Or is it something I'm not getting here?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Only that afaik No$gba is like PJ64 in that the latest builds and betas are generally released to contributors/donators first then given a public release when the next build comes out.

While I don't necessarily agree with the whole donation for emulation idea, I still respect and enjoy the work these teams do on their emulators and wouldn't want to see that discouraged by people leaking their work against their wishes.

No major thing but as EZ is all about emulators and emulator support I think its important that we do what we can to encourage and support the authors of emulators that are still actively being developed and improved.
This would include not providing or endorsing links to versions of the emulator that they haven't released yet. The donators receive earlier access to new versions and betas as a thank you for their support, leaking the same versions to the public devalues that sentiment and causes bad feeling from the authors and the donators that actually support and help fund the projects they work on.

If its a legitimate release from the author then its fine. If its a derivative work on a 'dead' emulator then its fine, however if its something that will discourage a good developer from continuing to develop a very good emulator then I don't think we should support it.

It would be sh*t if as a result of unofficial leaks no$gba went the same way as PJ64 and stopped making public releases for months/years as a result.

Last edited:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
The donators receive earlier access to new versions and betas as a thank you for their support, leaking the same versions to the public devalues that sentiment and causes bad feeling from the authors and the donators that actually support and help fund the projects they work on.

I see. One question though; who do you think is leaking these versions?

I know how much work goes into making an emulator. I just think the sentiment is overstated. Emu makers in general are making the emulator for themselves. For fun. To prove something. To... whatever. Not to get paid primarily. But never mind that.

Now, if someone has problems with a pre-release version and someone happens to have the answer I don't really see the harm. It's not like we can make tell if they are ligitimate donaters or not every time.

We turn the blind eye even though (probably) a majority of the questions here are about pirated software. Games that people stand to loose quite a bit of money on. But when it comes to a small emu project that perhaps is loosing a couple of bucks worth of server rent - then we get all high and mighty and moralize?

One thing we could (and should) do however, is encourage the people asking questions about pre-releases to pay the donation fee and get professional help from the emu maker.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Its not about getting high and mighty, its a simple case of keeping the emu authors motivated and on-side. It has nothing to do with them losing any money or donations (since people dl-ing the leak wouldn't donate anyway), its about the fact that they release it to donators first as a thank you and as non-donating end users we should respect that.

Lots of people treat emulation as an all you can eat but the development community exists and thrives as a result of co-operation and shared interest.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
the development community exists and thrives as a result of co-operation and shared interest.

That could be said for my viewpoint as well. I believe in cutting people a little slack. Especially when there's no telling if they are donors or not. (Just as we can't tell for sure if people own the game they try to play off a rom.) I don't think there's a difference here, and it really shouldn't be anyway since I support both emu developers and game developers.

gerogero

warning:excl:.. for unknown reason, this so-called no$gba v2.7 will collect data about your current ip address, computer name, and folder structure in your drive C, and upload it to a server using ftp command.. download at your own risk...

victim list :

inside textfile:

If you right click at official version of no$gba, you cannot extract the file...
But if you right click on the .EXE for this so-called v2.7, if you have winrar, you can extract files inside this .EXE, decompile .class, and read the the source code...

As I think it is inappropriate to collect user data without user concern, so I'll give warning to those who planned to download this release...

Last edited:

SNEX

The Child of Time
Hurray! a new, leaked and fake version! :mad:

No$GBA was and has never been a Java Program...

Blam! It sucks!

MiguelGalit

The Kid Who Hates You
This is a S**T F**KING VIRUS so I used this emulator and deleted it. Am I still affected? Gerogero?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.