No$GBA 2.7 is out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiguelGalit

The Kid Who Hates You
You rock not to Yakid

Only that afaik No$gba is like PJ64 in that the latest builds and betas are generally released to contributors/donators first then given a public release when the next build comes out.

While I don't necessarily agree with the whole donation for emulation idea, I still respect and enjoy the work these teams do on their emulators and wouldn't want to see that discouraged by people leaking their work against their wishes.

No major thing but as EZ is all about emulators and emulator support I think its important that we do what we can to encourage and support the authors of emulators that are still actively being developed and improved.
This would include not providing or endorsing links to versions of the emulator that they haven't released yet. The donators receive earlier access to new versions and betas as a thank you for their support, leaking the same versions to the public devalues that sentiment and causes bad feeling from the authors and the donators that actually support and help fund the projects they work on.

If its a legitimate release from the author then its fine. If its a derivative work on a 'dead' emulator then its fine, however if its something that will discourage a good developer from continuing to develop a very good emulator then I don't think we should support it.

It would be sh*t if as a result of unofficial leaks no$gba went the same way as PJ64 and stopped making public releases for months/years as a result.

:):bow: I Just wanna SAY you rock! LEADING f**ker and uploader of this thread must die isn't it?

Last edited:

MiguelGalit

The Kid Who Hates You
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.