How to remove write protection from USB ?

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I 've been using Verbatim STORE N GO 4GB USB until now,but a strange problem happened to me.
When i try to copy a file to the USB,it says disk is write protected remove write protection ,but i don't know where to remove this protection,my USB have not a switch, i tried a regedit solution,and i am looking forward it to set my USB value to ZERO, but i couldn't do it. If someone knows a step by step explanation it would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I 've been using Verbatim STORE N GO 4GB USB until now,but a strange problem happened to me.
When i try to copy a file to the USB,it says disk is write protected remove write protection ,but i don't know where to remove this protection,my USB have not a switch, i tried a regedit solution,and i am looking forward it to set my USB value to ZERO, but i couldn't do it. If someone knows a step by step explanation it would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

First thing to try is click on 'My Computer' then right click on your USB drive and look for an option in there to see if the drive shows up as protected or read only. If it does uncheck the box.

If thats no good then go into Start>Settings>Control Panel>administrative tools>Computer Management>Disk Management and see if there's an option in there.

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Already tried these,no option in both of them,still no prob if i can't fix it. All i wanted to do is trying to emulate PS2 in my Laptop ,tried that with a few DVDs but still even in Dual Core and NVIDIA graphic Card , i only could get 16 fps from Castlevania Lament of Innocence. Anyway if you know any other way to fix it ,you 're welcome to tell me.

Last edited: