Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help Really Bad

Angry Need Help Really Bad

Hello, I am new to this website and emulators in general.

The problem I have is I am completley new to emulators, I did use the megadrive one 'Gens' a lot and found that really easy and simple to use, the playstation 1 one however is a different story.

Ive been trying for ages to find a decent begginer tutorial on how to set up and configure these emulators, the one ive downloaded is called 'ePSXe' and seems to be the most popular one.

I don't know what 'BIOS' means and what all these 'plugins' are, and im still confused on what exactly you have to do.

Also once it is inevitbly configured, what do I need to play games on it? Roms? ISO images burned in Deamon tools? or just ISO files downloaded from torrents ect..

If somebody could give me a basic step by step guide on what I have to do to get things rolling I would hugeley appriciate it

I am a noob with all this I admit it but I just want to play

Banned

Default Re: Need Help Really Bad

http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6173
    http://forums.ngemu.com/epsxe-discus...irst-stop.html

Read both of those, and it'll help alot.

You have to use ISOs of PSX games. I use PowerISO to dump my games. The only legal way to play is to dump games yourself, downloading games is illegal.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    The only legal way to play is to dump games yourself, downloading games is illegal.

GL
    That's a bunch of crap. It really doesn't matter who makes the dump as long as you have the original! There are even companies that makes backups.

So, Duckmiesta... you need a bios file from your Playstation for the emulator to work. If you can't dump the Bios file yourself it can probably be found through a Google search. We can however not tell you where to get either Bios or any games since this forum could get into legal trouble over it.

Banned

There's a reason providing a link to Bios / ISOs is illegal. DOWNLOADING GAMES / BIOS IS ILLEGAL.

Recently I looked it up, even if you have the originals downloading games is illegal.

Please, do not start this again.

Calm down. You don't need torrents to download ISOs. There's an ePSXe tutorial here. If you can't get it to work, you can always try this emulator: http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/psx_em.html

Pretty good, doesn't require plug-ins. If you ever run across .mdf/.mds files, pSX can't run them, I can tell you how to convert them to the right format. Takes less than 10 minutes.

Terminology:

Emulator
    Basic: A console on your PC
    Advanced: Something that uses another OS system to duplicate its own.

ROMs/ISOs
    Basic: Games for your emulators
    Advanced: A file that contains the whole of a CD/Cartridge.

BIOS
    Basic: Bootloaders for your emulators
    Advanced: Something you need to make emulators work

Google is your friend.
    Common Bios

PSX: scph1001.bin
    Sega CD: us_scd1_9210.bin
    GBA: gba_bios.bin

There are 20+ BIOS for almost every emulator that requires one. You'll probably end up only needed 3: One for USA/Canada Games, one for European Games and one for Japanese/Korean games. Why are there 20+? There all different, some are for US, some are for Europe, some are for Japan, some are better, some are worse. I suggest you use the ones I just listed. Want ROMs/ISOs or need more help? AIM: brajan4558
    Last edited by Khmer; November 12th, 2008 at 04:33.

Quote Originally Posted by alcoatjez View Post
    Please, do not start this again.
    Worried? ;p

Quote Originally Posted by brajan8632 View Post
    BIOS
    Basic: Bootloaders for your emulators
    Advanced: Something you need to make emulators work
    Hmm, shouldn't it be the other way around?

Want ROMs/ISOs or need more help? AIM: brajan4558
    Don't want to be a party pooper here but I think that is against forum rules. You have just provided us with a potential location of proprietary material. Maybe you should re-phrase?

Quote Originally Posted by retroguiden View Post
    Hmm, shouldn't it be the other way around?

Don't want to be a party pooper here but I think that is against forum rules. You have just provided us with a potential location of proprietary material. Maybe you should re-phrase?
    I cant edit it

Yes... Yes it should be the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by brajan8632 View Post
    I cant edit it
    There should be a button called 'edit' right next to the 'Quote' button in the bottom right of the post.

Thread Information