Transferring Golden Sun 1 save to Golden Sun 2?

hazard99

I'm playing Golden Sun on my PSP, and I want to know if there is a way to transfer my Golden Sun 1 game save to Golden Sun 2. I know it was possible with the actual GBA, but I'm not sure if it would be possible on the PSP. I haven't completed Golden Sun 1 yet, but I plan to. I'm just wondering if its possible for when I'm ready to play Golden Sun 2.

I couldn't find anything on my own... but I couldn't find anything. I wanted to check here before ruling it out as an impossibility.

Thanks for the info :)

alexxi

back from hell
A save file from one game won't work on another(ex: you unlock everything in a game and copy/rename to another game), the game will probably think the save is corrupted.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
A save file from one game won't work on another(ex: you unlock everything in a game and copy/rename to another game), the game will probably think the save is corrupted.

From Wikipedia:
"Players can transfer their characters and items from Golden Sun to The Lost Age by means of a password system or Game Link Cable, and players are rewarded for fully completing both games."

As you're playing with an emulator you should use the password option. The gamelink might work, at least in theory, but I think that requires you running two instances of the emulator and that it has the option to connect to another emulator.
The password seems the easiest route to go even if you have to type in a lot of characters. But you only get the code when you complete GS1!

Hope this helps.

Last edited: