Simple question

Magol

Hello everyone i have been out of the emulation for a while so i am just going to ask straight forward:

Is there any working playstation 2 emulator out there that runs commercial games or are they w.i.p ?

Greetings Magol :)

Mystic

Banned
You can play them, but they arn't going to be 100% perfect. You may have low fps or choppy music, it's still a w.i.p.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Hello everyone i have been out of the emulation for a while so i am just going to ask straight forward:

Is there any working playstation 2 emulator out there that runs commercial games or are they w.i.p ?

Greetings Magol :)

This has been debated over here before. let's just say that some games (not many) are fairly playable if you have a good computer. Dual core is a minimum. Intel cpu's is said to give the best results but AMD also get the job done if it's fast enough. Other than that you need a good graphics card (not as important as a good cpu though) and 1GB ram. (probably 2 GB if you're on Vista)

The best (and only) emu out there is PCSX and can be found here. The site also have a compatibility list where you can see what games might work. But you should really be prepared to be disappointed since it is very much a work in progress.