Playstation 3 emulator aren't done yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxTheNextxx

Upcoming New Emulator : Playstation 3 emulator aren't done yet?

you've been created playstation and PS2 emulator.
But why you didn't have to create a new Playstation 3 emulator? they has a Blu-ray Drive.

Last edited:

Jale

Re: Upcoming New Emulator : Playstation 3 emulator aren't done yet?

We don't create emulators. We supply them. And we won't see a working PlayStation 3 emulator in... well... a very, very, very long time. Not even a PlayStation 2 can be playable flawlessly.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown

But why you didn't have to create a new Playstation 3 emulator? they has a Blu-ray Drive.

em, maybe because no computer in the world would be able to play it properly?:happy:
and also how newer it gets, how more illigal it gets -if you ofcourse don't own the games.-
because snes, nes, gb, gbc and maybe also n64 games aren't made anymore so nintendo -or with other consoles from sega of sony- doesn't get any profit of it so most of the times, when the roms aren't being sold online or stuff they don't really mind.
also i think the size of the ps3 games playes a big role

Last edited:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents

haha, the funniest post of the day. Imagine that. If we made a PS3 emulator we could play Blue-ray movies on our computers!!! :p

Sorry, didn't mean to sound mean (heh, weird sentence), but I couldn't resist. :msn_shy:

JoshM22

Blu-Ray can already be played on a computer. They sell Blu-Ray players for PC's in most if not all electronic and video stores. Look into it.:D

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi

also i think the size of the ps3 games playes a big role

That should not be a problem.
Thing is that the PS3 is just to powerful to emulate within the next few (20 or so?) years.

XeroForever

Unreal Alliances
Look dude PS3 emus will not be out out for a very long time close to 4-6 years, and we don't make them we gve help on them, and do you how much extinsive programming that would take. So you will jus have to wait until next gen systems until you can find a compatible PS3 emu.

JoshM22

Some words of advice. Be patient and wait. Once the emulators have been created if they ever are. We can help you out with that, but once PS3 emulators come along. Like the other users here said it will be 4-6 years down the road.

Chocho

Look dude PS3 emus will not be out out for a very long time close to 4-6 years, and we don't make them we gve help on them, and do you how much extinsive programming that would take. So you will jus have to wait until next gen systems until you can find a compatible PS3 emu.

Yes, I just wanted to mention that it won't take for decades to see a working emulator for the PS3 or the Xbox 360. The PC evolves much faster than anyone could imagine so yeah, your data about the 4-6 years seems possible.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Yes, I just wanted to mention that it won't take for decades to see a working emulator for the PS3 or the Xbox 360. The PC evolves much faster than anyone could imagine so yeah, your data about the 4-6 years seems possible.

I'm not too sure about that. It's really the game industry that pushes the technology in our PC's forward at the high speed we've seen so far. However, more and more developers are considering dropping the PC as a gaming platform. A few years back games were done for the PC and then ported to the consoles. Now, more and more games goes the other way. From Consoles to computers and more and more games don't show up on the PC at all. That could slow the PC development considerably.

monkeyboy85

I'm not too sure about that. It's really the game industry that pushes the technology in our PC's forward at the high speed we've seen so far. However, more and more developers are considering dropping the PC as a gaming platform. A few years back games were done for the PC and then ported to the consoles. Now, more and more games goes the other way. From Consoles to computers and more and more games don't show up on the PC at all. That could slow the PC development considerably.

Don't be such a drama queen, games get released for certain consoles or pc or even all, thats been going on for a long time. Fact is alot of people try to create drama that the pc is dying off but you know, what are ALL games created on.....a pc! do you not think the developers need some kind of graphical power to create all these games? Nvidia are making huge amounts of money on each graphics card sold, the rate at which a new card comes along is getting quicker all the time and i'm fairly sure they arn't going to let that just dissapear. PCs have allways developed, become quicker and evolved, thats the nature of them and it will ALWAYS be the case. Getting back to the whole emulation thing its one of the most uncertain things going, no one could ever put a date on a ps3 emulator because its not a simple matter of speed and graphics power, just take a look at xbox, thats kind of on a level with the ps2 but ps2 emulators are to a degree flourishing while xbox emulators struggle to run a single thing. We're just about getting to grips with the N64.....thats where we are at the moment!:thumbdown

RiderLeangle

Emulators have to be on something more powerful than the console its emulating to run, and the PS3 is already more powerful than most computers, so when they can make a home PC powerful enough to run PS3, I'll be impressed. Hell, something that powerful will make Crysis bow down in terror of what its being run on

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Don't be such a drama queen, games get released for certain consoles or pc or even all, thats been going on for a long time. Fact is alot of people try to create drama that the pc is dying off but you know, what are ALL games created on.....a pc!

Dramaqueen??? Where did that (and you) come from? Comparing extremely high-end computers and silicon graphics (or equivalent) machines with regular home PC's is really like comparing apples and oranges. I never said the PC would disappear!

OF COURSE the computers will continue to evolve. But I think there is a clear possibility that it evolve in other directions than has been the case these past 10-20 years. It's really all about games now and has been for the past years. You don't need a powerful graphics adapter and 3GB memory to run a movie player, a web browser and Office!

If the profits are coming from the consoles, that's where the developers will direct their attention to. This is a fact!
If a developer isn't making enough money on the PC market, they won't give a shit how much research Nvidia and others do on PC graphic cards.

More games than before are being developed for a specific console and as a second step may get ported to a PC-compatible format (mostly Windows). In some cases they don't bother porting it at all. This is a fact!

There are many small reasons for this. Piracy, very powerful current-gen consoles, exclusive contracts with console manufacturers, time, money etc.

I've been reading about this for the last couple of years or so and it really is a worrying prospect for a lot of people in the business.

Now, if it goes so far (I'm not saying that it does) that the game industry isn't pushing the boundaries of gaming technology for the PC any more - what will? Why would a family spend a lot of money on a new powerful graphics adapter if their son and daughter are almost only playing on their console? And they will play more on the console when they find that the ports to PC isn't as good as the original.

On the other hand, the consoles are becoming more and more like computers and it is a very clear possibility that the not too distant future will hold only one machine for all our entertainment needs. So who knows where it will end, or how, but it's stupidity to state there's no need to worry for PC Gamers!

Mystic

Banned
This is the most retarded thing I've ever read.

Since the technology for computers has been invented there has been a steady increase in performance and speed. With that increase more and more games are being developed every year. It's true that there are a lot of people out there not willing to put out the money for a gaming computer, but you gotta realize that a lot of people are struggling to just eat. As technology grows so will our need for it, very soon I see high grade PCs being a part of everyones life and it costing much less then they do now (kinda like that way everyone has a color TV now, not just rich people). When that happens, that's when you'll see a huge increase in PC games. Not that there's a lack of them now. There are a lot of amazing games for PC. World of Warcraft, Eve Online, Assassin's Creed, Sins of a Solar Empire, ect... Stop freaking out and realize PCs have no where to go but up. Expect to see many more great tittles for PC.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
This is the most retarded thing I've ever read.

Since the technology for computers has been invented there has been a steady increase in performance and speed. With that increase more and more games are being developed every year. It's true that there are a lot of people out there not willing to put out the money for a gaming computer, but you gotta realize that a lot of people are struggling to just eat. As technology grows so will our need for it, very soon I see high grade PCs being a part of everyones life and it costing much less then they do now (kinda like that way everyone has a color TV now, not just rich people). When that happens, that's when you'll see a huge increase in PC games. Not that there's a lack of them now. There are a lot of amazing games for PC. World of Warcraft, Eve Online, Assassin's Creed, Sins of a Solar Empire, ect... Stop freaking out and realize PCs have no where to go but up. Expect to see many more great tittles for PC.

I'm not retarded :fuckyou:
And I'm not freaking out. When the "High grade PC's" you're talking about becomes reality we won't talk about PC games or console games anymore. That will probably be a more standardize platform. I mentioned this in my previous post. Computers and consoles as well as other entertainment items like TV's and stereo's are slowly coming together. HTPC's are a proof of that. Consoles today like XBox and the PS3 are also trying to be one machine including all. The PC as we know it today isn't going to last much longer, neither is the the console business. And until this happens we will most likely see a decline in PC games market (as is obvious even now - ask people in the business!).

Mystic

Banned
I don't see a "standardize platform" happening anytime soon. Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft are making way to much money to just give it up. Someday, maybe, but not anytime soon.

js0823

You won't see any emulator for PS3 and Xbox360 for long time to come, maybe in next 5~6 years you may see something.
And you don't seem to get something here. Emulator is, as name says, an emulator.
Games on consoles are made specifically for that console in mind, and emulator is simply trying to "emulate" the console. which is hard to do on a machine that is not designed to do so.
For example, PCSX2, incredible emulator btw, uses alot of cpu which makes our gpu cry because it's not using it. Developer can certainly code better and make use of our gpu, which if you bought powerful ones it is more powerful than PS2. But of course power isn't the issue here, it's compatibility. With the console games designed with specific console in mind, it will never run better on emulator.

xxTheNextxx

Updated : 11 january 2009

I've saw a new emulator category named "Playstion 3" , "Xbox 360" and "wii" emulators.

There are only wii emulators has dolphin which upgraded to.
but, Playstation 3 and xbox 360 emulators haven't done yet. This is too hard to do. so our hard disk must be over 80GB Hard disk and capability with windows vista and Windows SP2 or SP3.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown

to have my go... i fully agree with retroguiden. pc gaming as we know it now is dying off. there aren't enough people who buy a pc, with a graphic card from 600$ just to play the games wich you can play for 150$(at this moment) for a xbox 360, or for somethig like 300$ on a ps3. and although maybe some people do, they download illigal torrents or other stuff to get their games. xbox 360 and ps3 also can have illigal games, but it's a lot harder to get it on them. why does this slow down technology? the last few years, consoles always started way ahead pc possibilities, as the computers wanted to stay interesting for gamers, they needed to make very good graphic card, for games as cod4, gta4, gow, and assasin's to play on normal/high graphics. this caused a huge rush in developement, wich ended up in having good graphics card for freaking 600$... so the next xbox comes out and less and less games are coming to the pc, then after that the pc games won't last under the pressure of xbox/ps the companies just make more money on the consoles. what happens next that except for these boring tycoon games, nothing will come to the PC, wich will nvidia leave sitting with over a few thousand graphics cards, for games wich aren't coming. so nvidia, to stay alive, will actually make a downgrade, wich will result in graphic cards, for about 100$ where you can do everything on you need, flash schockwave word mail some download games and thats all. there is even a question to be asked if there is gonna be any developement after that and if the pc as we know it now wont dy off completely. because google is releasing a media codec for youtube and stuff for xbox/ps3 you can already play online, chat, go on the internet... so the consoles are getting more and more multimedia. eventually, the consoles will end up being the pc's and more, there are already keyboards available on the consoles and a mouse isn't far away neither, there is just no need for pc development.... or there has to change something in pc gaming fast... (wich in my opinion is, call the whole gaming industrie, music industrie and movie industrie out, to find something wich will end up messing your pc/tv/mp3 if you download it...)
although i would like typing this forum on a xbox360:D

This is too hard to do. so our hard disk must be over 80GB Hard disk and capability with windows vista and Windows SP2 or SP3.

i can't tell you what the specific specs are, but its gonna be very high, and not in near future when pc development slows down.

maybe there is already someone working on, with the knowledge it will take him a long time, and that when it finished he still has to wait a while before someone can play it:glare:

Last edited:

the_EMU_kid

Come on people i think he is trying to be funny:glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.