GAMECUBE???

soulkillerpm

i downloaded the "dolphin" emulator, and i can't seem to find ANY gamecube roms...maby i just dont know the right type of downloads, what do i look for to download gamecube roms?

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
i downloaded the "dolphin" emulator, and i can't seem to find ANY gamecube roms...maby i just dont know the right type of downloads, what do i look for to download gamecube roms?

Although we may not provide you with roms, use your good friend google. be aware of that you sometimes need to download multiple files, and that these files are pretty big.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Is the Gamecube emulators worth it? I mean, do they actually play games yet?

Not really, and not in a remarkably complete state. GC emulation is still very much a WIP. You also need a very meaty PC to even start getting something running, and even then the results usually aren't worth it.

Maybe in a year or 3 but a bit of a waste of time at the moment IMO.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Not really, and not in a remarkably complete state. GC emulation is still very much a WIP. You also need a very meaty PC to even start getting something running, and even then the results usually aren't worth it.

Ok, Have you actually tried it, and recently? (And more than one game).
I wonder this because someone else told me he played Zelda Wind Waker fine on his PC.

XeroForever

Unreal Alliances
Ok, Have you actually tried it, and recently? (And more than one game).
I wonder this because someone else told me he played Zelda Wind Waker fine on his PC.
Ok dude look a little while back Rockman and Forte was running two games almost perfecly using dolphin. These games were TLOZ: TP and TLOZ: WW.

I don't know all the specs but he was using two PC's to run it. It looked to me he was using XP so he probably was using two of his last generation computers. Now if you have a very modern PC with all the works you probably won't have a problem running a GC game. Now if you have what I have a last generation PC and only one you can expect to have some problems. And also what you want to do is google the game and put Mininova in front of it. And you should find what your looking for. And remember check the comments box.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown

even if it doesnt work quite well at the moment, you could start testing and learning so later on you can start off fast, so it wouldn't be a waste. still i think it is possible to run gc games almost perfectly with very high specs and very few games + the right plugins.{not now actually but i think in near future.} btw how could you see on this pictures it was running with great fps, so it proberly wasn't yet flawless, but that's my opinion

i've tried it but my laptop can't handle it {like i expected} but i've learned much from it.

Last edited:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Ok dude look a little while back Rockman and Forte was running two games almost perfecly using dolphin. These games were TLOZ: TP and TLOZ: WW.

I don't know all the specs but he was using two PC's to run it. It looked to me he was using XP so he probably was using two of his last generation computers. Now if you have a very modern PC with all the works you probably won't have a problem running a GC game. Now if you have what I have a last generation PC and only one you can expect to have some problems. And also what you want to do is google the game and put Mininova in front of it. And you should find what your looking for. And remember check the comments box.

First of all, don't call me 'Dude'. :glare:
What do you mean 2 PC's??? Are you talking about 2 core processors?

As for generation PC's I don't use those terms since the lines between them are not sharp enough. You could have 4 core processor but a shitty old graphics card. What generation is that? It's fine when you talk about consoles but I find it hard to apply the term to PC's. So can you be more specific, please?

And I didn't need or never asked for info about where to get a game. I have access to GC-games, just want to know if it's worth my time yet.

But yesterday I tried out Super Puzzle Bobble All Stars. It took forever to start and then it ran at 6-7fps. Using Tick modifier 4 (is that some kind of frame skip?) it rose to 12-13fps. Enabling Dynarec it went up to 16. (Modifier 4 + dynarec sends it up to between 25 and 55fps). oh, and on Tick 4 the screens flickers alot.

Are there any other recommended graphic plugins?
And another thing, I can't configure my gamepad. Is there any other pad plugins recommended?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
As I said, its still a WIP, meaning compatibility is variable, many things don't work properly and there needs to be lots of different configuration done just to get different games visibly moving, let alone moving at a playable frame rate.

Everyone jumped in stating that was wrong and rockman has done this and they've seen that etc. The fact is the emulation isn't that good yet. You might see some usable results with a quick Core2Duo, 2Gb+Ram and a decent GPU but even then there are only a few titles that might run and they won't run flawlessly without bugs.

To state any different will just see the boards swamped with requests from people trying to get their GC emulators working when in most cases there aren't actually any solutions.

IMO for anyone to say GC emulation 'works' in the sense that you can play most GC games on it at a playable frame rate without bugs is just spreading misinformation.

So I would wait a while until things improve.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
As I said, its still a WIP, meaning compatibility is variable, many things don't work properly and there needs to be lots of different configuration done just to get different games visibly moving, let alone moving at a playable frame rate.

Everyone jumped in stating that was wrong and rockman has done this and they've seen that etc. The fact is the emulation isn't that good yet. You might see some usable results with a quick Core2Duo, 2Gb+Ram and a decent GPU but even then there are only a few titles that might run and they won't run flawlessly without bugs.

To state any different will just see the boards swamped with requests from people trying to get their GC emulators working when in most cases there aren't actually any solutions.

IMO for anyone to say GC emulation 'works' in the sense that you can play most GC games on it at a playable frame rate without bugs is just spreading misinformation.

So I would wait a while until things improve.

My initial question was "do they actually play games yet?".
Your direct answer to that was "Not really", which is not very true if we consider that what Rockman and a few others are saying is true.

I know we obviously consider "GC emulation works" differently, but it would have been nice if you had answered my question from my side of the interpretation of the word "works". It was not that hard to figure out if you read my post with an open mind.

For me GC emulation does work if a few games are playable. That was what I wanted confirmation about initially. Now, I just wait for answers to my follow-up questions in my previous post.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The answers still no. There aren't any games you can play with a GC emulator that work as well as they do on a GC.

So yes in the sense that you can get some games physically working on screen, but no they aren't emulated properly, have all sorts of bugs and in every case I'm aware of don't play all the way through without crashing...so in that context...no.

Again though you need a fast Core2Duo, 2Gb+ ram and a good GPU, anything less and its not worth even trying to get started at the moment.

To tell you anything else would be misleading and just lead to you spending hours getting frustrated and annoyed trying to make it work, because someone on the internet told you it will....when in most case it wont.

No bother to me either way, its your time and effort mate.

Last edited:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
The answers still no. There aren't any games you can play with a GC emulator that work as well as they do on a GC.

So yes in the sense that you can get some games physically working on screen, but no they aren't emulated properly, have all sorts of bugs and in every case I'm aware of don't play all the way through without crashing...so in that context...no.

Again though you need a fast Core2Duo, 2Gb+ ram and a good GPU, anything less and its not worth even trying to get started at the moment.

To tell you anything else would be misleading and just lead to you spending hours getting frustrated and annoyed trying to make it work, because someone on the internet told you it will....when in most case it wont.

No bother to me either way, its your time and effort mate.

Ok I understand what you're saying. But just to get the facts right; would you say that these persons claiming to be playing through Zelda: WW are either lying or dreaming (or whatever)?
According to you, there are *no* playable games on Dolphin or other GC emulators? Never mind sound issues or graphical bugs, I mean playable frame rates, acceptable graphics etc. Remember that issues like that comes with many N64 games and that system is considered emulated. And never mind what computer I need for it.)

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
Ok I understand what you're saying. But just to get the facts right; would you say that these persons claiming to be playing through Zelda: WW are either lying or dreaming (or whatever)?
According to you, there are *no* playable games on Dolphin or other GC emulators? Never mind sound issues or graphical bugs, I mean playable frame rates, acceptable graphics etc. Remember that issues like that comes with many N64 games and that system is considered emulated. And never mind what computer I need for it.)

MMM.... i think he either is lying or has some emulator wich no one in the world jet has

XeroForever

Unreal Alliances
First of all, don't call me 'Dude'. :glare:
What do you mean 2 PC's??? Are you talking about 2 core processors?

As for generation PC's I don't use those terms since the lines between them are not sharp enough. You could have 4 core processor but a shitty old graphics card. What generation is that? It's fine when you talk about consoles but I find it hard to apply the term to PC's. So can you be more specific, please?

And I didn't need or never asked for info about where to get a game. I have access to GC-games, just want to know if it's worth my time yet.

But yesterday I tried out Super Puzzle Bobble All Stars. It took forever to start and then it ran at 6-7fps. Using Tick modifier 4 (is that some kind of frame skip?) it rose to 12-13fps. Enabling Dynarec it went up to 16. (Modifier 4 + dynarec sends it up to between 25 and 55fps). oh, and on Tick 4 the screens flickers alot.

Are there any other recommended graphic plugins?
And another thing, I can't configure my gamepad. Is there any other pad plugins recommended?

Well sorry "Dude" Just trying to help and it seemed like your original post was asking where to get roms for GC. ANd I don't know all the spec ok I am still new to this and just trying to help.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Well sorry "Dude" Just trying to help and it seemed like your original post was asking where to get roms for GC. ANd I don't know all the spec ok I am still new to this and just trying to help.

Ok, the original poster asking for roms in this thread wasn't me. But I just want to clear something up from your previous post. You stated that Rockman (or someone) was playing Zelda with 'two PC's'. Did you mean that:

1. He used 2 computers somehow together to run the (1) game?
2. He used two PC's separately and both could run the game?
3. He used a dual core pc to run the game?

XeroForever

Unreal Alliances
Ok, the original poster asking for roms in this thread wasn't me. But I just want to clear something up from your previous post. You stated that Rockman (or someone) was playing Zelda with 'two PC's'. Did you mean that:

1. He used 2 computers somehow together to run the (1) game?
2. He used two PC's separately and both could run the game?
3. He used a dual core pc to run the game?

spotanjo3

I have to come here because I am tired of some people know nothing about emulators and assume and say it is fake or not work or anything... You guys need to go to http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussion/ for more knowledgement. I hope it helps you guys and maybe apology to me. :) I am out. :)

Hahahahaha... Read your pm and you too, Thanameless.

Number 3 is correct.

No, there is no such things with two pc.. and there is no such things as 2 pc's separately and both could run the game. Wrong!

You only need core 2 duo and better video card and above 2gb of ram. Please do not assume me of lying. Go to http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussion/ and they have many emulator developers and many people test like I do since emulator zone don't have that and you will be surprise. I am not lying. I have experience and test for over 7 years. Here:

2m5l6gx.jpg

ml467l.jpg

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/

Requirement:

System Requirements

* Windows XP or higher, or a 64-bit Linux install.
* Fast CPU with SSE2. Dual core a plus.
* Any reasonable modern GPU, support for pixel shaders 2.0 required.

I rest my case. :)

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Never mind sound issues or graphical bugs, I mean playable frame rates, acceptable graphics etc.

In that case if you want to ignore the fact that the games don't work properly then yes some games will physically run on the emulator 'if' you have a Core2Duo, 2Gb+ ram and a good GPU.

Remember that issues like that comes with many N64 games and that system is considered emulated. And never mind what computer I need for it.)

GC emulation is nowhere near as complete as N64 emulation. See above, without a high end system then the answer is no you won't get playable framerates....nowhere near.

Last edited:

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
I have to come here because I am tired of some people know nothing about emulators and assume and say it is fake or not work or anything... You guys need to go to http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussion/ for more knowledgement. I hope it helps you guys and maybe apology to me. :) I am out. :)

Hahahahaha... Read your pm and you too, Thanameless.

Number 3 is correct.

No, there is no such things with two pc.. and there is no such things as 2 pc's separately and both could run the game. Wrong!

You only need core 2 duo and better video card and above 2gb of ram. Please do not assume me of lying. Go to http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussion/ and they have many emulator developers and many people test like I do since emulator zone don't have that and you will be surprise. I am not lying. I have experience and test for over 7 years. Here:

2m5l6gx.jpg

ml467l.jpg

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/

Requirement:

I rest my case. :)

you could be right but even then the pictures don't show that it has a perfect framerate and stuff
have to come here because I am tired of some people know nothing about emulators and assume and say it is fake or not work or anything..

this is offending. you are saying that i and other people don't know anything about emulators. THIS IS NOT TRUE, i know i might not be the smartest person and do not now a lot about GC emulating but i do sure now something about pj64 no$gba and vba, so don't assume people are dumb without even knowing them