Emulator Problem: Need help with error while running Project 64 Emulator.

green_teg

Okay so I've got a handful of Nintendo 64 roms that I really with I could play and I've been trying to use Project 64 as my emulator to run them but the only two games I can get to work are Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64. Basically every other game I try keeps popping up with the same error message every other second or every few seconds. I click okay and the emulator continues to run for a second before giving me the same error. The error is "Access Violation: While processing graphics data an exception occurred you may need to restart the emulator." No I'm thinking because this is a very frequent problem that happens with almost every game I try and play basically making them unplayable I'm thinking it's gotta be a problem with the emulator not the roms. Does anyone know if it's a setting I need to change or if there is an emulator I can use that'll work better? Haven't found a nicer one for N64 games.

green_teg

WOW! I've been trying to figure this out for months off and on and I just discovered there are two options for a graphics plug in. One seems to be an older version and it works without giving me the troubles atleast with Diddy Kong Racing now. Is there some way I can download more plug-in's if I need to?

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Well, first of all. PJ64 tells you if the game is compatible with the emulator. If it is, then I would start by trying some other graphic plugin. Or mess around with the options.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
Well, first of all. PJ64 tells you if the game is compatible with the emulator. If it is, then I would start by trying some other graphic plugin. Or mess around with the options.

treu, and if you have found a new selution, don't be scared to post it -i did it with 007 the world is not enough/goldeney and yoshi's story

green_teg

Ya I just changed the graphic plug-in to the other one the emulator came with. Seemed to be just an older version of the same plug-in but it's more forgiving just the graphics are a little glitchy in some spots but it's better then errors popping up. And thanks for the documents Desert Drifter!

vommaro

So, here?s the thing. Im playing Ogre Battle 64 - this game rocks. Its like the 15th time I play it -, and thats fine. Some times the popup thing saying "while processing graphics data an exception occurred you may need to restart the emulator" crash my game, but I go back one last save and continue to slash the ogre menace. So, the problem is: the last time that ocurred I was two hours away from my last save (if you ever played the game you know that battles can take that long. And I was just about to finish the boss) so, in the moment the popup poped up, I saved the game in the emulator tool "save" (wich shouldnt be renamed). Then, everytime I loaded it the game crashed again. And the last save inside the game is more than two hours away. Ok, Im lazy, but WTH, the game works more than 20 hours with the codecs and specs and everything I pretend I understand but, suddenly, with no diference in the graphics being emulated, this thing happens.
Sorry for the big post, I kinda like what I write. Anyway, mrs, do any of you know whay should I do or Ill just have to load a saved game two hours old?

Thanks for your time! Reading, I mean.

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
So, here?s the thing. Im playing Ogre Battle 64 - this game rocks. Its like the 15th time I play it -, and thats fine. Some times the popup thing saying "while processing graphics data an exception occurred you may need to restart the emulator" crash my game, but I go back one last save and continue to slash the ogre menace. So, the problem is: the last time that ocurred I was two hours away from my last save (if you ever played the game you know that battles can take that long. And I was just about to finish the boss) so, in the moment the popup poped up, I saved the game in the emulator tool "save" (wich shouldnt be renamed). Then, everytime I loaded it the game crashed again. And the last save inside the game is more than two hours away. Ok, Im lazy, but WTH, the game works more than 20 hours with the codecs and specs and everything I pretend I understand but, suddenly, with no diference in the graphics being emulated, this thing happens.
Sorry for the big post, I kinda like what I write. Anyway, mrs, do any of you know whay should I do or Ill just have to load a saved game two hours old?

Thanks for your time! Reading, I mean.
Sometimes it just happens, the emulator slips up reading the code, and you press okay, and it will go away. In some cases, it will freeze the emulator and you will be forced to restart it. I would use a saved state before you restart the emulator though.

ridriach

PJ64

hi i was wondering.
I have a really old computer with 300MHz processor and 128mb RAM and a 4 MB video card (Nvidia Riva 128). Could Project64 (1.0 or 1.1) run on it?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Iffy at best. If its a 66 FS cpu, and can be over clocked to a 100 FS @ 500 mhz, then yes I did this back in the day. But it will not play full speeds.