Emulator Problem: Need help: No$gba save problems...

kirujan94

I have some problems with saving ds games on my no$gba.

In my Final Fantasy: Revenant Wings, I can save my progress up to the 3-4th stage. But it says afterwards, "Slot 1 is corrupted, data will be erased". My battery settings is set up to FRAM.

Also, in Bleach Blade of Fate, I cannot access my saved progress...

I also just got Disgaea, and I cannot save my game. The settings is on FRAM, and it also doesn't work on FLASH.

Hope someone kind can help me.... :)

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
how to make savestates in no$gba:
push down: shift+F1{could also be another F button}
it now should say: wrote state 1 {with F2 state 2 and so on}
to load just press F1...

if you press F1 in a other game then you don't go back to this game you just load it for the game you are playing.{make sure that you don't save to times on F1 in one game EXCEPT if you want to overwrite...}
also you could try to put your save type on EEPROM

Last edited:

alexxi

back from hell
how to make savestates in no$gba:
push down: shift+F1{could also be another F button}
it now should say: wrote state 1 {with F2 state 2 and so on}
to load just press F1...

if you press F1 in a other game then you don't go back to this game you just load it for the game you are playing.{make sure that you don't save to times on F1 in one game EXCEPT if you want to overwrite...}
also you could try to put your save type on EEPROM

save states don't work on no$gba, they do work like that on visualboy advanced.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
save states don't work on no$gba, they do work like that on visualboy advanced.

oh srry for that one then, but there proberly is a way, as there is with a lot of emulators.
now the only way i know with some roms is to put the saving off but you proberly don't want that.
now after a while of research i've found that it is still impossible to create savestates on no$gba, but i will actually immidiatly -don't mind spelling- request it with the creator, also i have seen on another forum that someone is working on a project for creating savestates with no$gba.
at the moment savestates and the DS mode aren't compatible with each other.
however it does work on gba games.
hope it helped thanameless

btw: take a look at this http://forums.ngemu.com/no-gba-disc...garding-ds-emulation-no-gba-ds-faq-2-0-a.html

7. I can't load any games? I get some sort of unable to read card error? The data could not be accessed. Turn of the power and reinsert the DS card? Some sort of strange japanese/spanish/any other language text when I try to load any DS game? Correct savetype for my game?

Versions before 2.6a do not have an autodetect savetype function and therefore need to be set manually in 'Options->Emulation Setup->NDS cartidge backup media'. In order to find the correct savetype go to a site like AdvanScene and divide whatever savetype it gives you for the game by 8 to convert the bits to bytes for no$gba's use and then set it to that. Be aware that you then have to reset or reload the game for the savetype to come into effect. The only way a game will save correctly is if the correct savetype has been set. Also be aware that some games when started with the incorrect savetype will automatically wipe your save data and you will have to start from the beginning again. UniverseJDJ's Basic Profile Manager allows you to maintain preset profiles for your games which should allow you to prevent loss of save data on versions before 2.6 due to the game being loaded with the incorrect savetype.
If you prefer not to go to AdvanScene every time you could memorize/store this table somewhere.

COMMON ---> NOGBA
EEPROM - 4Kbit -> EEPROM 0.5Kbytes
EEPROM - 64Kbit -> EEPROM 8Kbytes
EEPROM - 512Kbit -> EEPROM 64Kbytes
FLASH 2048Kbit(2Mbit) -> FLASH 256Kbytes
FLASH 4096Kbit(4Mbit) -> FLASH 512Kbytes
FRAM 256Kbit -> FRAM 32Kbytes
No game at this stage uses FRAM.
For version 2.6a just set it to Auto. Most games are supported through the Auto setting, but some may require you to exclusively set the propper savetype.

Last edited:

Rupeelandplayer

I'm trying to play Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (don't ask) and it can't create any save data. It says: "data could not be written, please reinsert game cartridge and try again" What should I do? I've already set it to EEPROM 0.5 k bytes, so I'm not sure what to do now, but I know it can be done, so could someone please help me? :bow:

I need help, too. I finished playing Sonic Rush Adventure, but for some reason every time I try to save the game, No$GBA just closes. I looked up the save type, which is Eeprom - 512 kbit, but the save type is not available in No$GBA. Can somebody please help me? I honestly don't know what to do.