Why Doesnt any Saturn emulator work for me?

MugenSaturn

Ive heard that ssf was the best emulator for saturn at the moment yet i cant even get it to start up. i have the bios but all i get when i try to run it is this

Some one help me!Ill do wutever it takes to get this working:)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Providing you have your bios and things in place afaik with SSF you just use the hardware menu to browse to your game ISO and launch.

If this isn't happening what errors are you actually getting?, and what options are available when you click the file and hardware menu's?.

Remember with SSF you must have a chipset that supports SSE, so what CPU does your PC have?.

Last edited:

MugenSaturn

Providing you have your bios and things in place afaik with SSF you just use the hardware menu to browse to your game ISO and launch.

If this isn't happening what errors are you actually getting?, and what options are available when you click the file and hardware menu's?.

Remember with SSF you must have a chipset that supports SSE, so what CPU does your PC have?.

i have a pentium(R) 4 cpu 2.40GHz and 2.39 GHz, 512 mb of RAM

is that not enough to use it? Also my errors for ssf is that when i open it i get that little screen that says hardware and options but it closes out right away...

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
i have a pentium(R) 4 cpu 2.40GHz and 2.39 GHz, 512 mb of RAM

is that not enough to use it? Also my errors for ssf is that when i open it i get that little screen that says hardware and options but it closes out right away...

That's a tough one. The only hint I can give you is that SSF seem to start up just fine for you. The screenshot you provided is how the program begins and then it should initialize the screen (meaning that you get a full window).

Now, if this means that your problem is something concerning graphics or if there is something else in the startup that makes SSF crash, I couldn't say. Check to see if SSF produces som kind of error log.

MugenSaturn

That's a tough one. The only hint I can give you is that SSF seem to start up just fine for you. The screenshot you provided is how the program begins and then it should initialize the screen (meaning that you get a full window).

Now, if this means that your problem is something concerning graphics or if there is something else in the startup that makes SSF crash, I couldn't say. Check to see if SSF produces som kind of error log.

I found out that i had to run ssf in administrator since im only a user with limited priveleges. Now i gotta install daemon tools and let you guys know if anything else goes wrong bt from now i think i got it. Thanks for all the advice guys. Now i will be finnaly able to play segasaturn on my pc. Im scared if it might go slow, though. Well ill see. Thank you all, god bless you all.