Best PSX Emulator?

JoshM22

What would be the best PSX emulator to download. I want the most reliable one too. Hopefully i don't have to download ISO's either cause they can be a pain to actually get them to work.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
IMO - epsxe
my runner up is psx emulator

Hopefully i don't have to download ISO's either cause they can be a pain to actually get them to work.
- huh?? how else do you want them? ISO's are the best way to illegally distribute a game. Not that we support that here, *caught*. *caught*.

JoshM22

Alright, thanx. Will try this emulator out and see how it does. Yeah we don't promote illegal things here at all. I am a law obiding citizen *Cough *Cough.

JoshM22

How do i make the screen size bigger? The size is very very small.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
well the correct response is to say look at the config section for the video plugin. so if you have not, do that first.

If you have trouble set to window mode in that screen and double click to maximize, though you sould not need to as there is a full screen option in there.

cid67

by far the best is pSX. yes epsxe has enhanced graphics but it also cause alot more graphics glitches as a result as well. pSX just gives you the original systems graphics raw and untampered with. if you want accurate emulation that should be what you want.

pSX also doesnt require a lot of configuring to get it set up ether. you just set up your controller, point to your bios, make a memory card and off you go. no need to have different configurations for differnt games. it just works. simple. another good thing is there's no plug ins to worry about. the emulator is all self contained.

compatibility seems better than epsxe. I haven't found a game it wouldn't play

Psx contains a disk image conversion feature where it can convert a disk image to its own unique image format that compresses the image saving you disk space if you wind up wanting or needing more room.

to top it off the developer of pSX is working on integrating ps2 emulation into pSX and word is hese already got one game running already although noone realy knows what that game is so the future looks promising for this emulator.

system requirements are low so more systems can run games without issues and since the graphics are done in software there is no differance in performance between a low end graphics card and a high end one. for all you Intel integrated graphics users this emulator will run great.

I could go on and on but why dont you just give it a try for yourself . don't forget to pick up ultima's pSX front end for the best experience

Last edited: