Emulator Problem: Problem with Neo Final Burn Alpha

Paul

Hi I was wondering, how do I get Neo Final Burn Alpha to work? Every time I download it, it never works. Not a single game will play on that emulator even though I downloaded the bios rom and the game roms I want to play. So I hope you can help me by telling me what to do.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You could start by telling people how you are trying to launch your games and what you mean by doesn't work. Is it giving you an error, is it crashing ?...etc.

A simple it doesn't work could be any one of dozens of different things although in most cases if an emulator won't run the first place to check is that you have working roms.

Last edited:

Paul

I 'm trying to launch my games by downloading them from a certain website and then putting them in the roms folder of the Neo Final Burn Alpha emulator. And every time I download the Neo Final Burn Alpha emulator and I click on the games I want to play it says that something of the games I want to play isn't found which creates an error. And that keeps me from playing the games I want to play. I hope you can help me now that I told you how I'm trying to launch my games and what I mean by doesn't work.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
If its reporting missing files then your roms are no good and you need to find an alternative source with up to date roms for FBA.

Paul

Okay but can you tell me how to find an alternative source for up to date roms for FBA? I've never done that at all.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Your best bet would be to try various google searches as the forum rules here prevent discussion of where or how to obtain roms because of the copyright issues.

Paul

I tried searching for something on Google that would help me get Neo Final Burn Alpha to work but I didn't find anything. Can you think of something else that would help me?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
FBA uses the same sets as Mame AFAIK so searching for mame roms might get you more results. Again mame roms are updated on a regular basis so you need to find a site hosting up to date roms anything greater than version 0.124 should be fairly current.

To be honest though I'm pretty sure that everything emulated by FBA works in Mame so why not just use mame?.

Paul

I downloaded Mame Roms and put them in the rom folder of Neo Final Burn Alpha but the games still aren't working. Also I've tried to get the Mame emulator to work but that doesn't work either. So can you help me get the Mame Emulator to work so I can play the games I want to play?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Again your problem seems to be that you are downloading old out of date roms. You need to find a site that hosts up to date ones.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Its against this sites AUP to discuss where or how to obtain copyright material this includes game roms and bios files. Not particularly helpful I know but it protects this site from all sorts of potential legal problems.

Paul

Then I'll never be able to figure out how to get Neo Geo games to work on a Neo Geo emulator if you can't tell me.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Most people manage just fine with google.

Google for neogeo bios rom. Download it and put it in your roms folder along with any neogeo game roms you've downloaded. They should now work with your emulator of choice.

The forum rules are the forum rules, sorry mate but I'm not posting links to roms or romsites here.

Paul

I did it again but it still doesn't work. I know they may not be up to date roms but I don't know where on Google to find up to date roms to get the emulator to work.