Best Sega Saturn Emulator?

Drognar

Ok, I need a Sega Saturn emulator thats not defective! I'm looking for one that is simple to use but still effective, please recommend something, don't say SSF I have tried that its quite annoying.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
does not exist. There is no saturn emu that is easy to use. gri gri is the closest but not a league emu so cant help much there.

Drognar

does not exist. There is no saturn emu that is easy to use. gri gri is the closest but not a league emu so cant help much there.

I get the same problem as Giri as I do with SSF. Heres exactly what I did-
1. Got deamon tools lite version 4.30.1(recommended someone I know)
2. Used Deamon Tools to mount my IMG to a Non-Existent DVD drive F:
3. Tryed to Run the IMG but the SSF loads from 2 drive choices neither of them are DVD drive F:
I get the same problem with Giri Giri its wants to load from some weird drive that I know not the location of. Please help me.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Don't know what you're doing wrong. I have Daemon Tools 4.11.1 and are playing games on SSF 009 Beta R2. Works just fine.

1. I start SSF. Wait until the Bios has loaded.
2. Push CD Open in the Hardware menu.
3. Load a game into Daemon tools.
4. Push CD Close in the Hardware menu.
5. Wait for Saturn Bios to recognise it and then select Start Application in Bios menu.

Couldn't be simpler. (Well, not MUCH simpler anyway)...

If you check Option menu. Where it says CD Drive on the Peripherals page, You should be able to select your Daemon tools DVD or your regular (+ any other CD/DVD you may have installed). Otherwise. try to reinstall SSF.

Last edited:

KevlarKevin

followed your 'mini guide' and when I looked on the CD Drive option on SSF, Daemon tools was'nt listed, any solution other than re-installing?

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
followed your 'mini guide' and when I looked on the CD Drive option on SSF, Daemon tools was'nt listed, any solution other than re-installing?

Just so that we don't misunderstand eachother; you do know it doesn't say "Daemon tools" in the CD Drive Options, right? Just the name of the drive that DTools create. In my case it says "BI7903VXMZ730H".

Ok, then I have no other suggestion than re-installing SSF.

KevlarKevin

Re-installed it, but now everytime I try to get it to do something it stops responding or I get an error message saying;

'SSF is already running.
File:./main ccp
Line: 8389
Function:_InitializeThread'

KevlarKevin

Can anyone help with this? i've been trying to play guardian heroes(and shock troopers 2) for about three days now

The only other alternative I see is getting Yabause for the wii, but i'm not sure what stage in production it's in.

Wolfie99

I have SSF 0.10 Alpha and i have Daemon tools but i don't know how to mount bins,cue or images for SSF 0.10 Alpha i need help big time so can you give me step by step instutions of how to do that please i need help big time Please respond?