Game Problem: Problems with Neo Geo

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
As I said in the previous post where I explained everything you need to download and install the 7zip program first, then you will get the right click option to open/extract with 7zip.

Once you have unzipped mame32 follow my original instructions or robberts instructions.

For convenience I've quoted my previous post below along with the link to download 7zip. Its worthwhile reading posts carefully.

Calice is very old and outdated. Seems strange you are trying all these old arcade emulators when everything you want ot run works in Mame.

Download mameUI from Here. It comes with a built in windows interface so no messing about with commandlines. You want to download the 32bit version not the source version.

Download and install 7zip from Here. (you want the 32 bit windows version).

Unzip the MameUI file you downloaded using 7zip.

Put your game roms and any bios roms into the mame roms folder.

Double click the mameui.exe

Select file from the toolbar, then select audit all. It will now check your game roms. If your roms are ok you can now double click the game you want to play from the game list and it will run. If your roms aren't ok then you need to find up to date ones.

If you follow this step by step from the beginning, and your roms are ok then it will work.

Last edited:

Paul

After downloading the 7zip program I clicked on Extract but the only thing that happened is that more things appeared on my desktop. Nothing's happening at all. Got any brighter ideas?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Nope we've covered absolutely everything that needs doing to get a mame install running, anything else is a problem you'll need to figure out on your end, there isn't any more advice anyone can give you.

We've covered how to unzip mame, how to set up mame, how and where to put your roms and bios files, how to get things running.

If it still isn't working for you then you're either not following the instructions properly, have a problem with your PC or still haven't found a source for working game roms, none of which anyone can help you with.

Paul

I am following the instructions properly, and I don't have a problem with my PC. It's just that I'm having so much trouble finding a source for working roms all because I've tried every website that has game roms and none of those websites are helping me at all because their roms don't work. I don't know any website that has a source for working game roms.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
According to your previous post you haven't managed to unzip mame yet so until that's done there's no way to tell if your roms work because you can't launch mame.

As I said before once you have mame unzipped and working, if the only issue is that you have bad roms then its something you will have to persevere with using google.

Paul

I managed to get my NeoGeo roms to work on an updated version of NeoRage called NeoRagex5.0 because I was able to get into it, so therefore I actually figured out this whole thing without any help from you. But I want to thank you for helping me anyway.

Corey4666

Yo man PM me your Instant messenger email, I can help ya out no problem when i have time.

EDIT:

Never mind if you got it working that's cool. But i can still help ya out with MAME if needed.

Last edited: