Having problems with ePSXe ISO disc change?

Amyurabis

omg someone please help me, not only have i installed daemons tool, it tells me that it is "unable to mount image. unable to access sub-channel file" :(:(:( the file is a .ccd

somebody help! :bow:

This means it cannot find the .sub file that CloneCD uses. Either re-make the image from your original (or a backup copy) of your CD to regenerate the .sub

Or try burning the image with nero using MODE1 Raw 2352 and it will regenerate the .sub. Keep in mind it may not work if the game is protected with securom.

Khmer

Also try using ISO software to open the .ccd (or w/e the larger file is) and generally you have to go to the file menu and save it as a .BIN/CUE or ISO. Some software you might consider are UltraISO, PowerISO, MagicISO, etc. CNET and The Bay of "Sea Thieves" might help you

Rainstorm

im currently trying to change discs on Lunar 1 using epsxe. Ive mounted an image of the disc 2 using Daemon tool and told Epsxe to use the drive to change disc but for some reason it wont work, asking me to put a cd in the disc drive and press ok .... ive tried to ''Eject tray and reload tray on daemon tools but it wont work either. Anyone got ideas? id be very appreciated :)

Rainstorm

Ok nvm everyone ima dummy, i should have read what ReeceMix wrote before more closely. I was loading the game on one virtual drive and attempting to change disc on another virtual drive, no wonder it wasnt working hehe ... now my problem is solved thnx a bunch ReeceMix

Mount the Images with Daemon tools (3.47 is best as it mounts NRGs(Nero) newer versions dont) Run the Game as a CD-Rom epsxe treats it as a physical disc so when it comes to swapping the discs you just press ESC , unmount disc1 and mount disc2 with daemon tools, then click change disc & choose CD-ROM , it reads the image from the same virtual drive and presto-chango.

crazyman536

i'd like to request some info on the alcohol 120 that you mentioned. i had tried using it, but it tells me to insert a blank disc, and when i do, i get 1 of 3 messages. the messages are "blank disk" which should work, "not a blank disc", and "no disc" odd since there was a disc. any info on how to get past this problem would be appreciated

Amyurabis

My bad, crazyman536, I should have researched this disc-changing subject further before posting that disc-wasting, monster of a method up-front; read posts #3-#8 on this thread and tell me if that doesn't sound better:).

ILoveSushi!

You have to configure your Cdrom-plugin.

Config-->Cdrom-->Configure

Then choose the letter corresponding to your emulated drive.

All I can say is WOW! That was the easiest fix to a pain in the ass problem. I wish I though of this! It works perfectly! Thanks for posting this! :D

M.afaqanjum228

Start ePSXe using the 1st CD (or whatever disc you're on) of the game (not the ISO). When it asks to change discs, tell ePSXe to switch discs CD then simply open your computer disc drive and insert the second disc (if this gives you trouble, try inserting the disc

M.afaqanjum228

I am no programmer and it would take me forever to figure out how to do any of this. So instead of picking up a programming book, I sought a simpler solution. I think I found one:i never ever heard somebody say something like thatwhy beg? -

Lukong

I had this problem and I thought by using SSSPSX would solve it, but its problem is it can't even play certain games.

Save the State of the game your playing before you save and switch disc.

Play the disc your going to switch to and then switch to the disc before it and then switch back to the disc after that.

Meaning Save Disc 1 in-game and/or after State, then Play Disc 2, switch to Disc 1, Load Save in-game and/or State in Disc 1 or Load in-game in Disc 1 and then Switch to Disc 2.

I don't really remember how I did this cause I've done this once with ePSXe and when I was playing Legend of Dragoon & Final Fantasy 8 with SSSPSX I discovered that all you had to do was open all the Disc with SSSPSX, and when I got to Disc Switching, Press "Esc" > Check the Box of the Disc your switching to and Continue instead of Run.

Cause SSSPSX isn't like Project64 which loads all the games in the Folder you have to do that manually before getting to the Disc Switching or Save State when you get to that point, load the 2nd Disc, play 1st Disc, Load State and switch. Also its been 2 years since I did that also, but I discover that after playing Chrono Cross...I thought I needed a CD...

I did this with Parasite Eve 2, first time getting that far in the game and I really wanted to finish the Game, anyways I hope this helps.

You most likely want to Save your State so that way you don't have to start all over again to get to the point of the Disc Switch.

Last edited: