What are you playing right now?

montpics

Ahhh. One of the classics. :)

Anyway, haven't been play any console games a lot lately due to work. However able to play Monopoly (in Java) with my phone in free time. :p

testmachine

Old member
Ahhh. One of the classics. :)

Anyway, haven't been play any console games a lot lately due to work. However able to play Monopoly (in Java) with my phone in free time. :p

MGS has awesome graphics for a PS1 game, the lighting is better than most PC games from 2000 to 2004. And the game is like a movie (Which I like), all in all, a great game!

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Ive been playing a ton of Shining Force 1 and 2, and Ive been working my way through Skies of Arcadia on my Dreamcast. What game were you playing on your Wii-U? Are you looking forward to the new Smash Bros?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Actually I turned it on to get the system updates, new mario kart coming out at the 30th. I am considering getting it from here since it includes a wheel but in that case I will need a Wii remote as well (I don't have one) to connect to the wheel. Alternatively I can just use my Pro Controller since the Gamepad is not ideal for such a game.

If you do not own a WiiU and want something close to Mario Kart then this is your drug.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Ive been playing All Star Racing quite a bit recently, its great fun!

We should be steam pals. My profile here: Lt.GeneralMills

If you feel like we can play some games whenever you are up for it.

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
So I reinstalled sonic racing (steam) yesterday just to try multiplayer........ Europe (it matches based on download location on steam settings) seems like it had a grand total of 1 people besides me playing online.......

I cannot even describe how bad the race is with only 2 participants, they could have at least filled the extra spots with bots.

This makes MK8 really a good idea just because a crapton of people will play it (and because the WiiU is superior in online play than the Wii). The regular, not wheel included, version is now available for preorder!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Ok the order is in and Mario Kart should be available Friday noon or Saturday morning.

Expect comments, if I remember that you guys exist, during the weekend :p

Edit.....

So yeah, apparently that free game promo for the United states and Canada is now valid for Europe too........
Spoiler »
6r4nwg.jpg

Oooohhhhhhhh........ what to pick!

Spoiler »

• Nintendo Land
  • Super Mario Bros U
  • Game & Wario
  • Pikmin 3
  • Zelda Wind Waker HD
  • Sonic Lost World
  • Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
  • Wii Party U
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I got a message on my phone 10 minutes ago that my order will be ready to pick up tomorrow morning (will get a new message).

If you want to watch the game early since it released in Japan yesterday and several French/German stores violated the release date, go ahead: http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Mario Kart 8

Regarding Unlocks, completing Cups in single on multiplayer will unlock random characters. The more coins you collect while racing the more extra customizations will unlock. Essentially play the game, don't suck, and you will unlock things.

Also important feature, if you have a friend or sibling at home then no need to be stuck playing split screen with computer controlled opponents. You can BOTH join in split screen + online!!!

And apparently this is how online lobbies look right now....
Spoiler »
2gtyhbp.png

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Ok fast comments. The game is great.

Playing with the gamepad is fine. Nothing special to use the screen with since it is a racing game after all. Pro controller plays well, as expected. Wiimote plays fine too.

If you plan to play for long hours go for the pro controller or alternatively the wiimote (having a rapid charger is a plus).

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, for some reason I am using the wiimote/nunchuk combo instead of the pro controller. Oddly enough, I find it more comfortable for this game but you may need to take a break after a while because of muscle cramp(I play standing up!). I also managed to drain the battery on the gamepad today because I forgot to put it on the charging stand while using the wiimote :p (........4 hours standing without noticing............)

As for the free game, considering that I live in one of the countries where Nintendo operates through a licensed main distributor instead of a proper subdivision(UK, Germany, France etc) this is a bit complex. I already filled the free game form and in around a month or whenever the offer ends the codes/coupons will be sent to Nintendo for verification (in case I cheated and used the promo elsewhere). Then by August 30th I will have the code at my email...... and it's Zelda.