rockmanforte is not coming back on emulator zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
rockmanforte is not coming back on emulator zone and this thread is to honor that legendary user for his info and his wisdom about emulators. lets all say good bye. if you are gonna miss his posts and news, please, leave a comment.

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Not liking the tune of this one... But remember posting a similar topic way back of a friend whom was admin along side with me on my own community. Sad to say, that wasn't the only time. As for Rockmanforte, he was a great people person, nothing could get under his skin, that's for sure, he would just blow it off and still keep on forward. Heh, use to joke about him being the "rollback" man from Wal-Mart (the bright yellow smiley face plastered all over the stores) which wasn't an insult but pretty much a compliment of his outgoing and determined personality. He always reached out a helping hand since 2006. A legend or maybe an icon of Emu-Zone, but also commonly mistaken for a super mod along with the guys (Jale, Montpics, OneWeCallGod, Zack, etc.). He sure will be missed...

rockmanforte: Safe trip pal... ;)

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
People come and go, such as life. What is important that you see if for what it is while its there. I guess we are all drifters in one way or another ;)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I dont think there is anything to understand. Personally i think its just a Jerry McGuire. Some people find the need to make an exit as well as an entrance ya know ;)

The only really thing i can give RM is that he always tried very hard to help. Otherwise he just was a guy that loved to beta test / play / and talk emulation. And i do mean talk,,, a lot...

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
You made it sound like his obituary with "this thread is to honor that legendary user" and "lets all say good bye". If that is the case "he felt that no one would miss his posts and news" then he's looking for symphony, though people are quite unresponsive around here, but do notice they are looking, which means their interested. A difference from of my own community back then as a topic "hey" would turn immediately into a twenty to thirty pager...

Other then that, my "opinion" of RockmanForte "above" didn't change. ;)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Good point Desert Drifter, I have to second that. This forum is very inactive these days. Heck that it's self could be the reason he left. Not sure the reason for that. Though I can say it is much of a bad thing, seem its more " to the point " rather then scares. People generally come in ask, or answer and then leave. Personally I think that is good forum conduct. Nice to have moral and a community too. Perhaps another day in time, this site has its come's and goe's up's and down's, hence this topic..

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
i just thought if i made a thread of the ppl that would probably miss him, i though he might come back:(

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Your topic sounded more like a farewell then a encore. "honor that legendary user " - suggests no return.. I would say it was the wording that failed here. Personally i would have started it off. " for those in favor of his return "...

Zach

The wording of this thread has failed, much like whatever he wrote... Couldn't make up better irony..

Anyway.. If the guy is gone then so be it. If you ugys wanna get all emo and kiss his ass and call him legendary or whatever that's your business. I think its a bit overblown.. Calling him a dedicated emulation enthusiast who made many contributions to the Emulator Zone Forums would be more realistic; and I don't think he would want all this legendary stuff said about him either.

If he felt no one would miss his postings and news, then that is how he felt. He clearly was important to you guys, and if he didn't realize that it is his loss.. Personally I wasn't that aware of his contributions, as I was usually too busy telling him to stop acting like an admin, or dealing with complaints about his overzealous self enforcement of our rules.

Don't like to hear that? Well you started the thread about him, so too bad :)

He was a person dedicated to emulation, and although we often clashed because of his failure to understand english, that doesn't mean I can't recognize his contributions like everyone else.. But I'm not gonna act like he was some legendary mythical emulation god either. Sorry.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
The wording of this thread has failed, much like whatever he wrote.
- Oh burned...... Sorry RM have to agree with Zach on that. Though you have answers , fiddling through them could be daunting at times

I don't think he would want all this legendary stuff said about him either.
- You seriously think this is not intended for that very purpose,, com-on Zach.. If it is not painfully obviousness the main goal here is for him to speak with out being seen. Reminds my of my sister when she was 8, leaving the room do to being upset hoping some one would ask her back..

I thought i said it well by saying..
Personally i think its just a Jerry McGuire. Some people find the need to make an exit as well as an entrance ya know

The only really thing i can give RM is that he always tried very hard to help. Otherwise he just was a guy that loved to beta test / play / and talk emulation. And i do mean talk,,, a lot...
- but I guess the bold method works well too.. OUCH!! LOL..

And whats all this you guys stuff.. You cant tell Mupen64 Man, is the only one in this thread tiring to boast about RM? The rest of us a merely commenting. Also, as far as emo goes, other then the OP, you provided this topic with the most emotion thus far.

MY two pennies,,, Some one PO'd him and he is looking for an excuse to come back. Looking for a gathering to show his justified purpose in returning. He always had weird ways of going about stuff. With out a reason people are left to their own conclusions.. This thread is an
epic_fail.jpg

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I don't really get this. Its an open forum. Rockman has been here for a long while and can continue to come here whenever he wants. Why the f**k does anyone need to ask him to carry on posting here?....

There are lots of people that contribute to the forums and generally we all do so because we are all emulation enthusiasts sharing our hobby and helping each other out.

What you're saying is entirely at odds with that ethic that someone who uses or contributes to these forums should do so only if they are fawned over, encouraged and generally treated as special. Thats not what its about at all, and if that's how Rockman feels then for all his willingness to help, he's barking up completely the wrong tree and to be honest has slightly too high an opinion of himself.

Seeing people get their stuff working is reward enough. EZ was around for a long while before Rockman, and will continue to be successful with or without him, he really is just another forumite, just like you, me, and everyone else who uses these boards, all this arse kissing and hand-wringing is completely uneccessary and very, very childish....end of.

Last edited:

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
This all has to do with "wording" of the title, as I was one to "contribute" basically an obituary for a lost friend, whom the other friend posted (Mupenmen64). Was even in the process of writing a PM entitled "I know How You Feel" to Mupenman64. Though, we really can't blame RockmanForte since he wasn't the one whom posted nor suggested it, just went about to his friend saying "I feel like no one cares if I'm here or not" and was taken by someone who cared and thought maybe posting would help, but was really misunderstood. Of course, instead of "RockmanForte is not coming back" it should read "RockmanForte feels like he doesn't belong - maybe you could encourage him to feel other wise" and brought about a better result...

Other then the fact, RockmanForte is alive and well, and I'm glade for him, as my opinion of him never changed, though yeah, he could be a bit pain in the @$$ and somewhat overbearing as Zach said "acting like an admin", but like I said in the beginning, it doesn't take much to give him a hint to get him to stop. If you want to get technical, everyone is a pain in the @$$ with their own ways and opinions, which is bound for conflict...

Last edited:

JoshM22

Hate to see you go Rockmanforte. You have been one of the coolest people here. You have been very helpful to me. Good bye pal!

onewecallgod

This gets my seal of stupidity. If he died, then yes, I'd agree with the thread, but he didn't, so what the fuck? Close or not to close, fellas?

Status
Not open for further replies.