PSP - NESTERJ - NES HELP -- PLEASE!

lowdownkilla

Hey guys. Newbie here -- Let me just start off by admitting I am either a dumbass or I am just having serious problems. I have been trying to install about 10 different versions of some NES emulators on my PSP. None of them work. I have watched youtube videos on to install them, read forums etc. I think I am just now getting to the conclusion that maybe I need to downgrade my firmware. I have never read about having to do this, (maybe it is just ovbious??) but I have no idea. I am running the latest 4.05 software in the PSP. I have roms ready to go - (I have another emulator set up on my pda phone, but the buttons suck, as it is all touch screen)

Anyway, can someone please tell me if I am supposed to be running a 1.5 firmware on the psp, I have been trying to use nesterJ 2.0 or any other version (I have them all)

If that is what I need to do, how do I downgrade? I have read something about a pandora battery, but not sure what that is. I have seen some downgraders from 3.5 to 1.5, but nothing for 4.05.

Please help, thanks in advance.

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
You will need to flash your PSP to Custom Firmware.

To do that you will need a make a Pandora Battery also you will need to download the magic memory stick.

Good Luck !!!!

spotanjo3

cibomatto2002,

Off the point:

I love this avatar. He is cute with this funny dance, man. :D

Last edited:

lowdownkilla

What version do I need to downgrade to? I seen some video's on the pandora battery and the memory stick on how to do it yourself, and it looks like a pain. Is there any other clean way, like a hard reset on the PSP or anything?

jeevo

Hi Guys. I have a totally different question, and I'm a first time user as well. I downloaded the Delta Emulator, but it doesn't work, and I would like to delete it from my computer. However, I cannot uninstall this program from the Control Panel, and when I try to uninstall it from the Start Up Menu, it says "windows is searching for uninstall.exe" and nothing happens.

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
No lowdownkilla the Pandora battery and Magic Memory Stick is this only way :(
at least for now. The new P.S.P's that have the Copyright 2008 on them can not use Pandora Battery at all there is a hacker working on it as we speak lets hope he can hack the P.S.P again to use the Pandora battery. I would like to see someone hack the software on the P.S.P that way we would not need to hardmod the battery.

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
jeevo look and see if it is installed in the Program Files if so just delete it from the program files its only a Emulator you will not harm your computer.

To do that go to Start, My Computer, then Program Files

lowdownkilla

So with this pandora battery. What is all the hype about it. Is it only to downgrade so people can use emulators on the PSP? What other good things does it do for you to have the old firmware? I am sure a lot of people do not do all this trouble to play emulator games. Any links to any crazy mods you can do with the old software installed?

Also, what do you guys recommend as far as doing the pandora battery. I would probably buy it I guess, any suggestions or any cheap links?