Emulator Problem: Framerate issue/'fastforewarding'

DominoEffect

Hey everyone, sorry if this has been posted before but I'm a little new to this sort of thing and couldn't find anything in the search. I've had a playstation that I've used for years to play all my oldschool PSX games (Tekken, FF7, etc.), and it worked fine up until a year ago. I took all my games and made ISOs of them for safekeeping and stored them away. A few months ago, I was bored and decided to play 'em again, so I got myself an emulator and tried playing. Most games worked fine, with a couple just flat-out refusing to work.

Recently, a lot (all) of the games I try playing play at an extremely fast framerate, like someone pressed a fast-foreward button on the emulator. I've checked every setting possible, I changed NOTHING (no hardware upgrades, no new plugins, nothing), and I can't figure out what the issue is. I've tried with ePSXe and PSXeven, both of them do it with different plugins in various configurations. I've tried just playing the ISO, I've tried mounting the ISO to a virtual drive with Daemon tools, I've even tried using the actual, original game discs themselves, which resulted in my disc drive making horribly loud spinup noises and scared the hell out of me. I've been trying to fix it myself for the better part of the past two days, using Tekken 3, Final fantasy 7 and 8 as test games, and all three do the same thing.

Sorry for the text wall, just thought that it'd be better to be thorough rather than just say "hay, is broke, halp".