XBox emulation question

Holland Guy

Wacked Out Humanoid Being
hey guys, just a question: how good is XBox emulation? and what's a good emu?

spotanjo3

yuiohmaster, you are not answer his question.

@holland Guy,

Yes, only Turok is playable at this time. Wait until 5 years at least perhaps if you want a few more games which should be playable later. They are working on it and the promise emulator is called: CXBX. It is only emulator that run Turok and playable at this time.

His quotes:
yeah, halo is making good progress. there are issues (probably simple swizzling problems) with textures; but other than that, halo is able to boot up very fast so it is mostly minor fixes to get the menu working really nicely. then i'll get it in-game and see what new fun there is to fix.

However, there is other newest emulator in the work called: Dxbx as well. It is not playable with any games yet but it is a promising.

Holland Guy

Wacked Out Humanoid Being
swt, thanks for the answers. tis kewl, i'm patient, and we got our new computer, so i can play some ePSXe now:D

Master_OrHan

Your PC usually has to much more powerful than the original console you are emulating and PC's haven't gotten that far yet for Xbox. Case and point would be PCSX 2 which requires a dual core running at 3 GHz and a powerful GPU. Xbox was twice as powerful as the PS2 so you probably need an i7 or something like that for Xbox emulation I would think.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Posts over a year old are generally not worthy of a post unless you have some information that would be vitally helpful. Not to say your info is out of reason, just that the post it self is so old that a reply is this natural becomes irrelevant.

jmido8

I know this thread is old but it's been bumped so I have to ask, how is the xbox emulators running now? It's been over a year since this thread. Can they run most xbox games very well or is it still pretty crappy?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
According to recent news they are being worked on again. At the moment though its so limited that its not worth bothering with. A couple of games that will go 'in-game' and few more that will display title screens and stuff. Nowhere near PS1 & 2 emulation levels at the moment though.